Fans are one of the most fundamental tools in Tears of the Kingdom, and learning how to make them fast and easy, is essential for traversing the huge overworld of Hyrule. They can be constructed by combining the Korok Fronds and tree branches, and once you have them, you can control the direction of the wind,
What Are Fans In Tears Of The Kingdom
There are two types of fans in Tears of the Kingdom.
- Type 1: Fusion of Korok Frond and tree branches
- Type 2: Zonai devices lying around the world
The first type is used to maneuver the direction of the wind, and the second type is used to give a massive speed boost to your boats or other constructions. So their utility varies vastly for different constructions.
How To Make A Fan Via Korok Fond
- Before I get to the building part, ensure you have learned the “fuse” ability from In-isa Shrine, located in the Great Sky Island (the game’s starting location).
- The Shrine does a good enough job of teaching you how the fuse works.
- Once you have learned how to fuse, you’ll need two things to build a fan; a tree branch and a Korok Frond.
- There is a huge abundance of tree branches in Tears of the Kingdom, and you’ll find plenty of them around the world, especially near forest areas.
- Likewise, the Korok Fronds can also be found around green forests such as the Forest of Spirits and the Forest of Time.
- Still, if you need a specific location, you can find both of them right outside the In-Isa Shrine.
- After you have both items, throw the Korok Frond onto the ground, equip the tree branch, and begin the fusion.
- Once the fusion is done, you’ll have a DIY Fan, which you can use to control the direction of boats, granted they have sail attached to them.
Important: Tears of the Kingdom Best Weapons
How To Make A Fan Boat
Also Read: Zelda Tears of the Kingdom Jio Sin Shrine
Tears of the Kingdom is a creative playground for players, and there are a lot of mechanics at play here, which the game doesn’t teach you right off the bat. To make the most out of your playthrough, make sure to read our Zelda Tears of the Kingdom Beginner’s guide.
Furthermore, Zonai devices play a huge role in traversal and building, but they don’t run on unlimited energy and bigger batteries to work for longer periods. To know more about the functionality of Zonai devices and how to extend their batteries, consider going through our Energy Cells in Tears of the Kingdom guide.
This concludes our Tears of the Kingdom how to make a fan guide. Let us know what kind of architecture you have built in the comments below.
Was this article helpful?
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍