CD Projekt has already released The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt patch 4.01 on all platforms.
The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt patch 4.01 finally stabilizes next-gen updates
The new The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt patch 4.01 is now available for PC, PlayStation and Xbox. This is the update everyone has been waiting for, finally fixing the issues of the previous next-gen update. Finally, it improves overall stability and game performance on next-gen consoles and PCs with various fixes.
Full patch notes
Here is the full list of changes for this update:
- Fixed an issue where the Screen Space Reflections setting would not work on PC despite being turned on. Players who had previously set their SSR to a high level may notice a performance hit.
- Added a new performance mode for ray-traced global illumination, which players can toggle with compatible hardware. Improves frame rate by prioritizing performance over range and accuracy.
- Fixed an issue where consoles could create more saves than their set limit, leading to various issues when saving the game or resetting user settings.
- Improved the quality of Screen Space Reflections on the latest generation consoles.
- Optimized global illumination with ray tracing on next generation consoles to improve the performance of Ray Tracing mode.
MISSIONS AND GAMEPLAY – Available on all platforms
- battle preparations – Fixed an issue where it could be impossible to interact with Avallac’h during the “Let Avallac’h know everything is ready” objective.
- Family matters – Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash during the transition to Ciri’s Story: Out of the Shadows when talking to the Bloody Baron.
- king’s gambit – Fixed an issue where it might be impossible to participate in the fistfight with the second Vildkaarl due to an invisible obstacle.
- Wine Wars: Belgaard – Added a retroactive fix for the issue we fixed in 4.00, where the quest could not be completed if the player destroyed one of the required monster nests during exploration.
- a dangerous game – The armor in Caesar’s room should now change its appearance when the alternate Nilfgaardian armor is turned on.
- Axii Puppet – Increased the health and damage dealt by the puppet.
- The Adrenaline Rush mutation should now work as described.
- Various small fixes to missions and cutscenes.
LOCATION – Available on all platforms
- Fixed various issues with Arabic localization.
- Added localized versions of Orianna’s song “Lullaby of Woe” in Korean and Simplified Chinese.
- Adjusted Priscilla’s lip sync animation to match her Simplified Chinese voiceover during the song “The Wolven Storm”.
CDPR noted that these are the notable changes of the patch. There are other minor fixes, but they didn’t make it to the list.
The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt is out now for PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, and Nintendo Switch.