Striking Distance Studios have now released The Callisto Protocol update which introduces a highly anticipated feature that increases your replayability.
Callisto protocol update adds favorite feature
This new update was expected to be released in early February 2023, but it looks like it came earlier today. Finally, it introduces the anticipated New Game Plus feature, which allows players to use a previously saved game and play a completely new game with great perks like weapons, upgrades, and more.
In addition to New Game Plus, update 3.01 introduces several fixes for The Callisto Protocol. One of these includes fixing an issue where some users were not correctly granted the Protocol Is About Life achievement. It also performs general performance optimizations on all platforms.
The update also adds a fix for the Maximum Security Trophy/Achievement bug. This was added after feedback the studio received from players.
review the full patch notes beneath:
Full Callisto Protocol Patch Notes
(v.3.01) January 19, 2023
- Users who have previously completed the game will have access to NewGame+ after the patch.
- It may be necessary to restart the application.
- Requires an active save file from game completion.
- Fixed an issue where some users were not correctly granted the “Protocol Is About Life” achievement.
- Added New Game Plus. Beat the game to unlock New Game Plus and take your pressure to a new save. All of Callisto’s weapons, upgrades, and credits can be collected in the first Reforge
- General performance optimizations on all platforms
- Players no longer take damage when jumping over obstacles.
- Fixed various issues where certain camera angles or progression paths could cause environments to overflow, allowing Jacob to fall through the ground.
- Pass consistency on cabinets, lockers and shelves so they display correctly in high contrast mode
- Voice leveling and subtitle offset adjustments in localized languages
- Fixed low frequency crash in the Tunnels level during the two-headed fight
- The Skip Cutscenes button has been mapped to the Interact/Pickup input
- Fixed a longstanding issue with enabling Ray-Traced Shadows in the main menu
- Prevented mouse cursor from displaying during some area transitions
- Fixed low frequency crash on Snowcat when Jacob is talking to Dani
The Callisto Protocol is available now for PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S.