Bungie has started Destiny 2 guardian gamesthe friendly competition between Hunters, Warlocks and Titans.
Destiny 2 Guardian Games encourages players to compete as their favorite class for fame and glory. This free in-game event started today and will run for three weeks, until the end of Season of Defiance on May 23, 2023.
During the event, players will be able to earn medallions for activities throughout the game, including a class-based version of the popular PvP Supremacy mode.
Players can also earn two weapons from Guardian Games.
- Taraxippos – The first Legendary Strand Scout Rifle in the game.
- The Title: The Void Submachine Gun is back with updates, including the fan-favorite perk, Repulsor Brace.
Players will also receive a free Guardian Games event card. Complete Card Challenges to earn cosmetic rewards like the new Exotic Emote, new Champion Title, and additional Triumphs. The card can be upgraded to 1,000 Silver to unlock instant and additional earnable rewards.
Assemble your squad to take part in this year’s Guardian Games Cup. Teams can complete in the Technical and Charity categories. The technical category tracks the total number of medals dipped for each officially registered team during the Guardian Games. The charity category tracks the total amount raised through the team’s official Bungie Foundation registration page.
The four best teams in each category will be awarded with prizes.
- Best Gear in the Technical Category – Custom Art of Your Fire Team by PherianArt
- Best Team in Charity Category: Custom Squad Art by Gammatrap
- Top two teams in the Technical and Charity categories: Guardian Games Pendant ($200 MSRP)
- Top 3 Teams in Technical and Charity Categories: Apricot Dawn Emblem
- Top Four Teams in Technical and Charity Categories: Bungie Store $50 Discount Codes
There is also a donation reward for participants:
- $25 and Up: Quantum Relay Emblem
Destiny 2 is available now for PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S.
Source: Press release