Highlights of the story
- Being one of the biggest releases of 2023 so far, Starfield has opened to mostly rave reviews. The game is set in space and features insane replayability content.
- The space RPG launched worldwide on September 6, and since then, Bethesda has pushed out numerous updates for Starfield, making it fully supported since launch.
- The latest patch, titled Starfield Update 1.7.36, makes good on the promise of bringing an FOV slider to the game. Bethesda has previously announced that it is working on other requested features.
Fulfilling the promise that Bethesda made. Patch Notes for Update 1.7.29 As it works to bring highly requested features to space RPGs, Starfield now has a FOV slider. This is due to the latest courtesy Update 1.7.29, which brings additional performance and stability improvements to the game as well. Until now, it’s been Starfield’s. The third important patch After its launch.
“A new update has been released for Starfield on all platforms. This update includes settings changes that allow players to adjust their FOV as well as some other performance and stability improvements.“, reads the blog post, followed by a short thank you note from the developers. The update should roll out to both PC and Xbox Series X|S players.
For those who don’t know, FOV is shorthand. Field of view, and that’s basically how much of the game world you can see in front of you at once. Increasing the FOV offers more observation while decreasing it limits your view. Having a separate setting to adjust the FOV is much preferable, especially in first-person shooters, where having a higher field of view allows you to better see your surroundings.
Follow the steps below to find the newly added FOV slider in Starfield.
- From within the game, press the pause button on your respective platform, and access the “Settings” area.
- Once you’re in “Settings,” select the “Accessibility” submenu.
- You will now find sliders for “First Person FOV” and “Third Person FOV” just below the “Dialogue Subtitles” option. Adjust them according to your preference for best results.
Back in September when Bethesda pushed out Starfield’s first major updateDeveloper put out a Post And said that in addition to the existing stability and bug fixes released for the title, top features requested by the community, such as native DLSS support, HDR calibration menu, and a FOV slider, are all being worked on. It’s satisfying to see one of them make it, and all in a month’s time.
Other content to check out:
In other news, Todd Howard – Bethesda’s frontman – is spreading nothing but positivity about Starfield. In a sit-down interview with Insomniac Games’ Ted Price, the Bethesda boss expanded on the scale of the space RPG, saying that Starfield is something people will be playing for years to come, given its creation. That was exactly the intention behind it. Project
It is a game and it is meant to be played for long periods of time. One of the things we’ve learned from our previous games is, SkyrimFrom Fallout, it’s that people want to play them for a very long time. So Starfield, I would say, was Most deliberatelyGoing into it, that’s a game that people have been playing for a long time. How do we build it in a way that it’s allowing for something that feels natural, and if people have played the game and eliminated the main struggle, you can see that.”
Starfield was released on September 6, 2023 for Xbox Series X|S and PC. Those who purchased the Premium or Constellation Editions had access to the title from September 1.
Was this article helpful?
Thanks! Share your feedback with us. ⚡
How can we improve this post? Help us. ✍