Starfield: All Skill Tree Guide (Ranks & Effects)

0
123

[ad_1]

In the expansive cosmos of Starfield, players will experience a rich skill system, comprised of 82 distinct abilities spanning across five primary trees: Physical, Social, Combat, Science, and Tech. Each skill tree in Starfield is tailored to various facets of gameplay, from physical prowess and interpersonal relations to combat mastery and technological expertise. As players journey, they allocate skill points in Starfield to unlock and enhance abilities, ensuring a unique and personalized interstellar adventure.

Key Takeaways

  • Starfield presents a robust skill system with 82 distinct abilities.
  • Skills are categorized into five primary trees: Physical, Social, Combat, Science, and Tech.
  • Each tree targets a unique gameplay facet, allowing for varied experiences in Starfield.
  • Players allocate skill points to unlock and enhance specific abilities.
  • The progression system in Starfield rewards both experience accumulation and in-game proficiency.
  • Choices in skill allocation profoundly impact gameplay, narrative, and character evolution.

What Are Skill Trees In Starfield?

Skill trees in Starfield are a system used to customize and develop your character’s abilities.

  • Starfield features 82 skills divided across 5 distinct skill trees as the following:
    1. Physical
    2. Social
    3. Combat
    4. Science
    5. Tech.

Each tree focuses on specific abilities and playstyles, with skills further divided into 4 ranks & effects. As you progress in Starfield, you earn skill points which can be assigned to unlock or enhance these skills, allowing for tailored character growth and gameplay experience.

All 5 Skill Trees In Starfield

In the vast universe of Starfield, players are granted an expansive array of skills to mold their character and gameplay experience. These skills, numbering 82 in total, are meticulously grouped into five primary categories, each addressing a unique aspect of gameplay:

1. Physical Skills

Physical skills
Physical skills (picture credits: eXputer)

The Physical skill tree in Starfield primarily deals with the player’s physical capabilities. They can influence attributes like endurance or how much a player can carry. Skills in this category might also relate to movement mechanics, such as sneaking.

2. Social

Social skills
Social skills (picture credits: eXputer)

Delving into the intricate web of interpersonal relationships in the game’s universe, the Social tree in Starfield covers dialogue options and NPC interactions. Skills here might allow players to persuade or intimidate NPCs, essentially shaping the narrative outcome based on these interactions.

3. Combat

Combat skills
Combat skills (picture credits: eXputer)

A quintessential part of any action RPG, the Combat skill tree in Starfield governs weapon proficiency, damage output, and various combat abilities. Depending on how you allocate points here, you might become a marksman with rifles or a close-quarters combat specialist.

4. Science

Science skills
Science skills (picture credits: eXputer)

Starfield’s foray into the realm of the unknown is encapsulated in the Science skill tree. This is where players delve into the mechanics of healing, crafting, and research, essentially channeling their inner scientists to gain an edge in exploration and survival.

5. Tech

Tech skills
Tech skills (picture credits: eXputer)

Last but by no means least, the Tech tree in Starfield merges the worlds of robotics, security, and starship customization. Skills here can range from hacking complex systems to customizing your very own spaceship.

Mechanics of The Starfield Skills System

Starfield’s skill system operates on a dynamic blend of experience accumulation and performance-oriented progression. Here’s a deep dive:

Earning XP Through Various Activities

Earning XP
Earning XP (picture credits: eXputer)

At the heart of Starfield’s progression system is Experience Points (XP). Players earn XP by engaging in a multitude of activities, be it combat, exploration, or successfully navigating intricate dialogues. As one might expect from an action RPG of this caliber, every in-game action, whether grand or minuscule, has the potential to contribute to the character’s growth.

Spending Skill Points To Unlock Or Level Up Skills

Level Up Skills
Level Up Skills (picture credits: eXputer)

As players amass XP, they’ll also accumulate skill points in Starfield. Once earned, these points serve as the primary currency for unlocking or advancing skills within the aforementioned five categories.

A novel aspect here is that not all skills are created equal. While some might be available for unlocking early on, others require a more significant investment, both in terms of points and prior skill unlocks, thereby encouraging players to strategize their progression path.

Performance-based Upgrades

Starfield introduces an interesting duality to its progression mechanics. While XP-driven progression is a staple in Starfield, the game also rewards players for in-game proficiency.

For instance, consistently landing headshots might offer boosts in relevant combat skills, while successful negotiations could elevate social skills. This dual system ensures that both time investment and player skill are rewarded, allowing for a varied and organic character development trajectory.

Physical Skill Tree List In Starfield

Skill Name Rank 1 Rank 2 Rank 3 Rank 4
Boxing 25% more unarmed damage. 50% more unarmed damage. 75% more unarmed damage. Knockdown chance. 100% more unarmed damage. Knockdown chance.
Fitness 10% more O2. 20% more O2. 30% more O2. Reduced O2 for sprinting/power attacks. 30% more O2. Reduced O2 for sprinting/power attacks.
Stealth 25% harder to detect. 5% extra sneak damage. 50% harder to detect. 10% extra sneak damage. 75% harder to detect. 15% extra sneak damage. 100% harder to detect. 20% extra sneak damage.
Weight Lifting +10kg carry. +25kg carry. +50kg carry. +100kg carry. 50% stagger resistance.
Wellness +10% max health. +20% max health. +30% max health. +40% max health.
Energy Weapon Dissipation -5% energy damage. -10% energy damage. -15% energy damage. Reflect 25% energy damage below 50% health. Reflect 25% energy damage below 50% health.
Environmental Conditioning +10 Airborne resistance. +10 Thermal resistance. +10 Corrosive/Radiation resistance. Reduced environmental afflictions.
Gymnastics 15% less fall damage. Combat slide. 20% less fall damage. Faster Zero-G. 30% less fall damage. Zero-G stability. O2 on mantling. Higher jump. Speed boost post-slide/mantle. 30% less fall damage. Zero-G stability. O2 on mantling. Higher jump. Speed boost post-slide/mantle.
Nutrition Food/drink 10% effective. Food/drink 20% effective. Food/drink 30% effective. Food/drink 50% effective.
Pain Tolerance -5% physical damage. -10% physical damage. -15% physical damage. 5% chance to ignore damage at low health. 5% chance to ignore damage at low health.
Cellular Regeneration Small injury recovery boost. Moderate injury recovery boost. Noticeable injury recovery boost. 20% chance to prevent injury.
Decontamination Small infection recovery boost. Moderate infection recovery boost. Noticeable infection recovery boost. 20% chance to prevent infection.
Martial Arts 15% melee/unarmed crit boost. 15% disarm chance on power attack. 10% damage reduction for melee/unarmed. Reflect 50% damage on block.
Concealment Avoid mines. 2.5x/4x sneak damage. Stealth run. 3x/5x sneak damage. Chameleon when still. 3.5x/8x sneak damage. Stealth breaks enemy target. 4x/10x sneak damage.
Neurostrikes 10% stun chance unarmed. Add EM damage to unarmed. 20% stun chance unarmed. Stun AoE after single stun.
Rejuvenation Slow out-of-combat heal. Faster out-of-combat heal. In-combat heal. Fast out-of-combat heal. Faster in & out-of-combat heal.

Social Skills List

Skill Name Rank 1 Rank 2 Rank 3 Rank 4
Commerce Buy for 5% less and sell for 10% Buy/Sell increased by 5% Buy/Sell increased by 5% Buy/Sell increased by 5%
Gastronomy Craft specialty food/drinks & research at Research Lab Gourmet food/drinks research/craft Delicacies research/craft Occasionally no resource use. Exotic recipes craft/research
Persuasion 10% increased persuasion chance Chance increased by 10% Chance increased by 10% Chance increased by 20%
Scavenging Extra credits in containers Extra ammo in containers Extra aid items in containers Highlighted tracked resources with hand scanner
Theft Unlock pickpocket ability 10% increased pickpocket success 20% increased pickpocket success 20% increased pickpocket success. Can pickpocket weapons
Deception Ships 10% stronger surrender. 10% less effective scans Ships/Scans increased by 10% Ships/Scans increased by 10% Ships/Scans increased by 20%
Diplomacy NPC at/below level: cease fighting temporarily NPCs up to 10 levels above: cease fighting NPCs up to 20 levels above: cease fighting Force NPCs to stop fighting permanently unless attacked again
Intimidation NPC at/below level: flee temporarily NPCs up to 10 levels above: flee NPCs up to 20 levels above: flee Increased fleeing duration
Isolation +10% dmg & 15 DR for Spacesuit/Helmet without companions Dmg/DR increased by 10%/15 Dmg/DR increased by 10%/15 Dmg/DR increased by 10%/15
Negotiation Access to Bribery in speech Bribery cost reduced by 25% Bribery cost reduced by 25% Occasional zero bribery cost
Instigation NPC at/below level: attack allies temporarily NPCs up to 10 levels above: attack allies NPCs up to 20 levels above: attack allies Affected NPCs continuously attack allies
Leadership Companions gain affinity 25% faster Companions get 50 more health & 50kg capacity Periodic healing by companions when low on health Double bonuses on Companion skills & self-reviving chance
Outpost Management Additional cargo links at outposts Additional robots at outposts Additional crew at outposts 2x production from extractors
Manipulation NPC at/below level: obey commands temporarily NPCs up to 10 levels above: obey commands NPCs up to 20 levels above: obey commands Extended command obedience duration
Ship Command Up to four active crew members One additional crew member One additional crew member Two additional crew members
Xenosociology Alien (10 lvls above): flee temporarily Alien (10 lvls above): cease fighting Alien (10 lvls above): attack allies Alien (10 lvls above): obey commands temporarily

Starfield Combat Skill Tree List

Skill Name Rank 1 Rank 2 Rank 3 Rank 4
Ballistics Ballistic weapons do 10% more damage Increase damage by 10% Increase damage by 10% Range increased by 30%
Dueling Melee weapons do 25% more damage & take 10% less damage Melee kills: +20% speed for 10s Increase damage by 25% & take 5% less damage Melee kills heal 10%
Lasers Laser weapons do 10% more damage Increase damage by 10% Increase damage by 10% 5% chance to ignite target
Pistol Certification Pistols do 10% more damage Increase damage by 15% Increase damage by 25% +25% crit chance after pistol kill for 5s
Shotgun Certification Shotguns do 10% more damage Increase damage by 10% Increase damage by 10% Small stun chance on kill
Demolitions Grenades show trajectory & +25% explosion radius Increase explosive damage by 25% Reduce explosive damage taken by 25% Double previous bonuses
Heavy Weapons Certification Heavy weapons do 10% more damage Increase damage by 10% Increase damage by 10% +25% Physical resistance while aiming
Incapacitation EM weapons do 5% more damage Increase damage by 5% Increase damage by 5% 15% chance of 300% EM damage
Particle Beams Particle beams do 10% more damage Increase damage by 10% Increase damage by 10% +5% crit chance
Rifle Certification Rifles do 10% more damage Increase damage by 10% Increase damage by 10% Reload 30% faster when still
Marksmanship +3% crit chance for non-auto ranged weapons Increase crit chance by 5% Increase crit chance by 7% Double crit damage without scope, knockdown with scope
Rapid Reloading Reload Ballistic weapons 30% faster Reload Energy & EM 30% faster Reload Particle Beams 30% faster & 50% interrupt resistance 50% reload speed boost for 15s on hit
Sniper Certification Reduced scope sway Longer breath hold +25% crit chance on headshot 50% more damage with scope
Targeting Mark 1 enemy within 25m, increased accuracy & range without aiming Mark 2 enemies within 50m & notable accuracy Mark 3 enemies within 75m & greatly increased accuracy Disarm 10% chance & mark 4 enemies within 100m
Armor Penetration Attacks ignore 15% armor Ignore 15% more armor Ignore 20% more armor Reduce enemy armor by 25% for 6s
Crippling Humans 30% more likely to down Humanoids slower recovery Humans down earlier All enemies & +100% damage to downed
Sharpshooting +50% headshot crit damage with ranged +50% leg crit damage +50% crit damage to all +25% crit chance for 20s after crit kill

All Science Skill Tree List

Skill Name Rank 1 Rank 2 Rank 3 Rank 4
Astrodynamics Increase grav jump range of jump drives by 15% Fuel cost reduced by 15% Grav jump range & fuel cost increased by 30% Fuel cost reduced by 50%
Geology Get more common and uncommon inorganic resources from surface objects Rare inorganic resources increased by X% Exotic inorganic resources increased by X% Chance to harvest additional rarer resources
Medicine Med Packs etc. restore 10% additional Health 10% faster Health restored increased by 20% & 20% faster Health restored increased by 30% & 30% faster Health restored increased by 50%, 50% faster & chance to cure an affliction
Research Methods Resources for craft & research reduced by 10% Resources reduced by 20% Resources reduced by 40% Resources reduced by 60% & sudden developments in research doubled
Surveying Optional zoom to hand scanner, scan distance increased by 20 meters Scan distance increased by 30 meters Scan distance increased by 40 meters Scan distance increased by 50 meters
Botany Get more common/uncommon organic resources from plants etc. Rare organic resources increased by X% Exotic organic resources increased by X% Chance to harvest additional rarer organic resources
Scanning Detect uncommon inorganic resources & ship info Rare inorganic resources & specific ship info Exotic inorganic resources & better ship combat info Unique inorganic resources & complete list of cargo on ships
Spacesuit Design Craft improved spacesuit, helmet, and pack mods Superior mods available Cutting-edge mods available Chance that mod construction is resource-free
Weapon Engineering Craft improved weapon mods at Weapon Workbench Superior weapon mods available Cutting-edge weapon mods available Master-level weapon mods available
Zoology Get more common organic resources from creatures etc. Uncommon organic resources increased by X% Rare organic resources increased by X% Chance to harvest additional rarer organic resources
Astrophysics Scan moons of current planet. 10% chance to discover a trait 20% chance to discover trait in system 30% chance to discover trait within 16 LY 50% chance to discover trait within 30 LY
Chemistry Create improved chems Superior chems available Cutting-edge chems available Chance to triple chem quantity when crafting
Outpost Engineering Construct improved outpost modules Superior outpost modules available Cutting-edge outpost modules available Outpost modules cost reduced by 50%
Aneutronic Fusion Ship reactors produce 1 extra unit of power Reactors produce 2 extra units Reactors produce 3 extra units Reactors produce 5 extra units
Planetary Habitation Build on extreme temperature planets. Increase max Outposts by 4 Build on extreme pressure planets. Outposts +8 Build on toxic/corrosive planets. Outposts +12 Build on high gravity planets. Outposts +16
Special Projects Research experimental projects at Research Lab Craft rare components at Industrial Workbench Craft exotic components at Industrial Workbench Craft unique components at Industrial Workbench. Outpost extractors chance for additional resources

Complete Tech Skill Tree List

SKILL NAME RANK 1 RANK 2 RANK 3 RANK 4
Boost Pack Training You can now utilize boost packs Fuel usage reduced by X% Fuel regeneration increased by X% Doubles previous bonuses
Piloting You can now utilize ship thrusters Turn rate & maneuverability increased by X% Can pilot Class B ships Can pilot Class C ships
Security You can attempt to hack Advanced locks Hack Expert locks; Blue ring indication Hack Master-level locks; 4 auto attempts Simplify puzzle; 5 auto attempts
Targeting Control Systems Unlocks ship targeting functionality Lock-on time reduced by 15%; Fire rate -25% Lock-on time reduced by 30%; 10% crit hit chance Lock-on time reduced by 60%; 20% system damage
Energy Weapon Systems Energy ship weapons do 10% more damage Damage +20%; Cost -30% Damage +30%; Cost -45% Weapon recharge speed +30%
Engine Systems Ship’s top speed increased by 10% Boost duration & cooldown improved by X% Top speed increased by 20% Enemies disengage during boosting
Payloads Ship cargo holds have 10% more capacity Cargo capacity increased by 20% Cargo capacity increased by 30% Cargo capacity increased by 50%
Shield Systems Ship has 20% increased shield capacity Shield capacity increased by 40% Shield capacity increased by 60% Occasional 100% damage resistance
Missile Weapon Systems Ship missile weapons do 10% more damage Damage +20%; Cost -40% Damage +30%; Cost -60% 20% Range, Speed, Reload increase
Particle Beam Weapon Systems Ship particle beam weapons do 10% more damage Damage +20%; Cost -20% Damage +30%; Cost -30% Increased crit hit chance
Robotics 10% more damage to Robots/Turrets; Control robot Damage +20%; Make robot flee Damage +30%; Make robot attack allies Control robot commands for limited time
Starship Design Improved ship modules installation Superior ship modules installation Cutting-edge ship modules installation Experimental ship modules installation
Starship Engineering All ship systems repair 10% faster 25% damage mitigation for ship systems Repair speed increased by 25% Random full system repair
Automated Weapon Systems Automated ship weapons do 10% more damage Damage +20%; Reduce costs -30%; -20% damage Damage +30%; Crit chance +20% Turret weapons recharge 40% faster; 20% more damage
Boost Assault Training Nearby enemies take damage when you boost Knockdown chance on boost Hover in place while aiming Time slowdown by 70% while hovering
EM Weapon Systems EM ship weapons have 10% increased damage Damage +20%; Cost -30% Damage +30%; Cost -45% Small chance to instantly disable enemy engines

To sum it up, Starfield’s multifaceted skill system offers an immersive depth, allowing players to carve unique paths through its vast universe. With 82 skills spanning five distinct trees, every choice impacts gameplay, narrative, and character development, ensuring every interstellar journey is as individual as the stars themselves.

Next:

Was this article helpful?

Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡

How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here