Different editions of Spider-Man 2 offer different benefits, and since the release date is just around the corner, players will want to know which edition is best to buy. You should also know that each edition comes with a pre-order bonus as well.
Spider-Man 2 All Editions Comparison
Here’s a list of all the bonuses and early unlocks you get by purchasing each edition:
|Digital Deluxe Edition
|If purchased before the release date.
|Bonus deluxe suite design
|Statue of Venom
As always, the Standard Edition is the cheapest version you can buy, and it doesn’t offer any bonuses other than a copy of the title. Comes at the price of the standard edition. 69.99$which has basically become the default starting value for most. PlayStation 5 First party titles. Even if the standard edition doesn’t offer any bonuses, you can still get the pre-order benefits.
- To pre-order The Standard Edition will give you early access to a bunch of items in Spider-Man 2.
- You will receive the Arak Knight Suit for Peter Parker and the Shadow Spider Suit for Mel Morales.
- Both these suits will also come in more color variants so that you can customize them properly.
- The pre-order bonus will also give you early access to the Web Grabber gadget.
- Finally, you’ll also get three skill points, giving you a head start in Insomniac’s new and improved New York.
You should note that if you don’t pre-order the Standard Edition, or any edition for that matter, you can still get the suits and gadgets mentioned above by playing through the campaign. The pre-order bonus only gives you early access to these items, or at least that’s what PlayStation claimed in the trailers.
According to the official PlayStation Store, the Launch Edition is a single-disc variant, essentially a Standard Edition bundled with a pre-order bonus. It costs the same. 69.99$ As standard edition. So, if you buy the disc variant of Spider-Man 2 and don’t want to get the title digitally, you should probably look for the launch edition disc variant.
Digital Deluxe Edition
For just a $10 increase in price from the Standard or Launch Edition, the Digital Deluxe Edition has tons of bonus items to offer. 79.99$. Now, the bonus suits you get with the Deluxe Edition are exclusive to that version and aren’t just Early Access items. This means that these bonus suits can only be unlocked by purchasing the deluxe version, and there is no way to unlock them in the campaign.
- Includes pre-order bonuses, allowing early access to two suits for Peter and Mel.
- These pre-orders come with the Bonus Edition, even if you haven’t pre-ordered Spider-Man 2.
- The edition includes a complete digital copy, and unfortunately, there is no physical disc version of the deluxe edition yet.
- The Deluxe Edition also includes two more skill points to start your journey.
- Some Photo Mode items, including frames and stickers, come exclusively with the purchase of the Deluxe Edition.
- Ten new suits Five for Peter Parker and Miles Morales included.
- Peter can access tactical, orantia, 25th century, stone monkey, and apocalyptic suits.
- The Agimat, Red Spectre, Encoded, Biomechanical, and Tokusatsu suits are open for fairs.
I’ve also pre-ordered the digital deluxe edition because not owning the physical disc doesn’t bother me. But currently no deluxe items on the disc edition is a drawback, and PlayStation may release such a version later.
This is the most expensive edition and is probably made for die-hard fans of the series. First, there is the price 229.99$That’s a lot, but the benefits justify the price point. You’ll get all the bonus items included in the Deluxe Edition and pre-order bonuses with the purchase of the Collector’s Edition.
- In addition to the pre-order and deluxe edition bonuses, there are three extras.
- You will receive a digital code for a digital copy of Spider-Man 2.
- A steel bookcase of Spider-Man 2 is also included, but it’s a bummer that it doesn’t come with a physical disc.
- Finally, there is 19 Inch Venom Statue, The highlight of this edition.
- The Venom statue also features both Peter and Mel, and the entire figure represents the two Spider-Men battling Venom in cool poses.
- Honestly, if you’re a collector, this statue is something you shouldn’t miss.
Best Spiderman 2 edition in my opinion
As I mentioned, if owning the digital version doesn’t bother you, then it does Digital Deluxe Edition is the best choice. It offers a pre-order bonus, and the additional suits are extremely well designed and justify the 10$ increase over the standard edition. These are the reasons which Made me pre-order the deluxe edition.
However, if you want to own a physical copy, your best bet is to buy the Launch Edition, which also gives you access to pre-order bonuses. As for the diehard fans, buying the collector’s edition shouldn’t be a problem for them, which you can enjoy. 19-inch Venom statue.
This concludes my guide to all editions of Spider-Man 2 and the best editions you can buy as extras. I have not only included all the editions but also explained the bonuses of each edition. I hope the guide helps you figure out which edition is best to pre-order. Let me know if you’re hyped for Insomniac’s third Spider-Man title in the comments below!
Was this article helpful?
Thanks! Share your feedback with us. ⚡
How can we improve this post? Help us. ✍