If you’re experiencing issues with the Lords Of The Fallen Multiplayer Mode Not Working, playing co-op or PvP can be almost impossible. This game is a reboot of the previous game with the same name. It has received acclaim from both critics and fans. However, its multiplayer has significant flaws. Hence, if you’re also facing issues with Lords of the Fallen co-op being locked at 30 FPS, know you’re not alone.
Lords of the Fallen multiplayer does not work for many players. Those who can play co-op or PvP are experiencing FPS drops to 30.
But don’t worry; I’ve got you covered with our guide on how to fix these issues in Lords of the Fallen.
Causes Of Lords Of The Fallen Multiplayer Not Working Issue
Various factors contribute to the multiplayer issues in Lords of the Fallen. I’ll be providing some potential causes for this issue that came up in my testing. Here they are:
- Connectivity issues and game disruptions can occur due to high server traffic or instability.
- Additionally, incorrect network settings or stringent firewall configurations can create obstacles, blocking necessary data transmission for a smooth multiplayer connection and gameplay experience.
- Compatibility issues arising from outdated software or discrepancies between game versions prevent players from matchmaking.
- Lastly, undetected technical glitches, system errors, or in-game bugs may interfere with the proper functioning of the multiplayer mode.
Check Your System Specifications
If you do not have the required system specifications, you will face this error, among many others. Therefore, it is extremely important to have these if you want to play the game.
These are the bare minimum specifications. If you do not have these, you cannot play the game, no matter what you do.
- Processor: intel i5 8400 or AMD Ryzen 5 2600
- Memory: 12 GB RAM
- Graphics: NVIDIA GTX-1060 or AMD Radeon RX 590 (6GB VRAM)
- DirectX: Version 12
- Storage: 45 GB
Sure, you can run the game on minimum specifications, but you need the specifications listed below to have a smooth gaming experience.
- Processor: intel i7 8700 or AMD Ryzen 5 3600
- Memory: 16 GB RAM
- Graphics: NVIDIA RTX-2080 or AMD Radeon RX 6700 (8GBs VRAM)
- DirectX: Version 12
- Storage: 45 GB
Solving Co-Op Locked at 30 FPS
Let me begin by addressing the issue of FPS drops below 30 when playing co-op or other multiplayer modes in the game, such as PvP invasions. Unfortunately, this is not a bug but a design choice in Lords of the Fallen, where the game locks at 30 FPS in co-op and PvP. As a result, players have expressed their dissatisfaction with this limitation.
If you’re encountering any issues, try all the solutions listed below.
Change Your Graphics Settings
If you’re experiencing FPS-related issues on your console, it may be due to incorrect graphics settings. To resolve this issue, please follow the steps below:
- Launch the game and navigate to the in-game Settings.
- Click on the Graphics tab.
- Set the Render Mode to Performance mode.
- Finally, go to the game and check if the issue persists.
Choosing the Performance mode is recommended if you want to increase your FPS at the cost of lower visual quality. On the other hand, if you want visual quality at the cost of lower FPS, then it’s recommended to select the Quality mode.
Check Lords of the Fallen Servers
There is no direct way to check the game servers, but you can find information on forums or the developers’ Twitter accounts. If multiplayer is not working on Lords of the Fallen (LotF), it may be due to server maintenance or overloading. When a game is newly launched, it can cause a flood of players, resulting in issues like these.
To check if the Lords of the Fallen servers are down or overloaded, be patient and keep an eye out for updates. When the servers are fixed, you can try your luck again.
Check Internet Connection
If your servers are functioning properly and there are no indications of issues on the internet, then I recommend investigating your internet connection.
The internet serves as the connection between your servers and your system and facilitates the transfer of information. Even a minor interruption can cause glitches in the multiplayer COOP of your game.
Update the Game or Drivers
It’s common for game developers to release day 1 patches in segments. However, if you don’t update your game client, it could result in the multiplayer not working. To avoid this, make sure you restart your game and check for updates. If there are any updates available, update your game immediately. This applies to both Windows PC and console users.
Verify Game Files
It’s possible that Lords of the Fallen’s multiplayer isn’t working because some game files are corrupted or missing. You must reinstall the game if you’re playing on Xbox or PlayStation. Verifying game files is a commonly recommended solution for fixing various technical issues in video games.
Check Firewall Settings
Firewalls and antivirus programs are essential for protecting your computer from malware and viruses. However, sometimes, they can interfere with the game’s multiplayer feature.
You can try adding the game as an exception to your firewall and antivirus so that they do not interfere with the game’s connectivity.
Try Playing the Game During Off-Peak Hours
If you’re still experiencing issues, consider playing Lords of the Fallen during off-peak hours. Multiplayer issues can arise due to high network congestion, so trying the game at a different time may help resolve the problem. Give it a try and see if the issue is resolved.
If you are having trouble with the multiplayer function in Lords of the Fallen, the mods you installed may interfere with the game’s online functionality. Disabling the mods can be vital in troubleshooting the issue and getting multiplayer to work correctly. Here’s how you can disable mods in Lords of the Fallen:
For Steam Platform
- Open the Steam client and go to your “Library.”
- Find “Lords of the Fallen” in your game library.
- Right-click on the game title and select “Properties” from the dropdown menu.
- In the Properties window, go to the “Local Files” tab.
- Click on “Browse Local Files” to open the game’s installation folder.
- Look for the “Mods” folder or any folders containing mod files.
- Move the mod files from the game’s directory to a separate location on your computer to disable them.
For the GOG Galaxy Platform
- Launch GOG Galaxy and go to your game library.
- Locate “Lords of the Fallen” in your game library list.
- Click the “More” button (represented by three dots) next to the game title.
- Choose “Manage Installation” from the dropdown menu.
- Look for any mod files or folders within the game’s installation directory.
- Move the mod files to a different location outside the game’s directory to deactivate them.
You can ensure the game operates using its original, unmodified files by disabling mods in Lords of the Fallen. Which can help resolve any multiplayer issues stemming from mod-related conflicts. This will help restore the game to its default state, allowing for smoother multiplayer gameplay and interactions.
Contact Support Team
If you have tried everything and still couldn’t fix the multiplayer issue in Lords of the Fallen, don’t worry. You can always contact the game’s official support team for further assistance. Here are the steps to follow:
- Visit the Official Website: Go to the official Lords of the Fallen website and look for the “Support” or “Contact Us” section.
- Check Social Media Channels: Check the official social media channels of Lords of the Fallen for any support-related announcements or direct messaging options. Reach out to the support team through social media platforms for timely assistance.
My Thoughts On Lords Of The Fallen Multiplayer Issue
To play any game properly, you must play the online mode. If that privilege is taken away from you, you will be left frustrated and annoyed. Therefore, I have listed all possible solutions for this guide so you can rest assured that after implementing them, you will enjoy the game how it is meant to be.
Why is my Sons of the Forest not loading multiplayer?
Sons of the Forest multiplayer connectivity issues can be due to temporary bugs and glitches with the game or PC. If so, you should exit the game and launch it again. However, if it fails to work, try to restart the computer by clicking on the Windows icon > Power icon > Restart.
What is the multiplayer limit in the Forest?
In P2P, playing with up to 8 players in a single game is possible. To play with more players, you must run a Dedicated Server, which is often more popular. The PS4 version of the game has a maximum of four players in a game due to performance issues.
Is there a story in multiplayer The Forest?
The story isn’t told as in most games; it’s more “hidden.” The overarching quest is searching for your son; you must survive and explore.
Was this article helpful?
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍