Upon entering the kingdom of Beauty and the Beast in Disney’s Valley of the Light of Dreamsyour first mission will take you in the west wing. This will have players exploring and unlocking passages around the castle, which also involves finding pieces and materials needed to progress through each unique objective and eventually resolve the Beauty and the Beast conflict.
Read on for a complete walkthrough on how to complete the “Into The West Wing” mission in Disney’s Valley of the Light of Dreams.
Into The West Wing Quest Walkthrough
To begin the program “To the West Wing!” mission in Disney Dreamlight Valley, enter the Dream Castle and unlock Beauty and the Beast’s kingdom for 12,500 Dreamlights. Once unlocked, the mission will begin automatically.
Follow the flying book
Upon entering the Kingdom of Beauty and the Beast, run forward, where you will see a flying book at the top of the stairs. Approach him and he will ask you to follow him. The flying book will eventually take you to the castle library, where Belle is. A short cutscene will trigger once you get there and will automatically start a conversation with Belle.
Catch 5 flying books
After the conversation, you must help Belle catch five flying books (that glow gold) inside the room. These books move randomly and you may run into difficulties if you are not fast enough. To catch these books quickly, chase them some distance away and once you’re close enough, quickly spam your button (depending on the platform you’re playing on) to collect them.
Find a secret passage inside the library.
Now, your task is to put the remaining flying books back on their shelves, but first you must search the library for a secret passage that leads directly to the west wing.
The secret passage can be accessed via a ladder located on the left side of the fireplace. However, first you will need to fix the ladder by finding 6 missing pieces that are scattered around the library.
Here’s where to find the 6 pieces to fix the broken ladder in the library:
- Get up 1 broken stair step and 1 missing wheel on the ladder on the floor, next to the tea cart.
- Get up 1 broken stair step on the brown table behind Belle.
- Get up 1 broken stair step behind the long green chair, in front of the fireplace.
- Get up 1 broken stair step next to the pile of firewood, to the right of the fireplace.
- Pick up Pick up 1 missing wheel on the ladder on the brown table with a phonograph and a stack of books on the left side of the room.
Now, interact with the broken ladder and collect the 6 missing pieces. This will trigger a cutscene and reveal the secret passage in the library. Talk to Belle after opening the passage.
Belle will insist on staying while you go to see the beast. But since the prince is upset and all, you’ll have to find certain materials throughout the kingdom and equip a costume that Belle will make herself so you don’t get bitten.
Find materials to make a costume.
Here you will find all the materials necessary to make a costume that can fool the beast:
- 4 castle candles
- He first candle of the castle It can be found on top of the barrel located next to the secret passage entrance.
- He second castle sail It can be found on the table with a golden pot inside the library, in front of the woodpile.
- He third candle of the castle It can be found inside the garden maze outside the castle. When you reach the garden entrance, go down the stairs and turn left. You will see the candle on a table next to a tool rack.
- He last candle of the castle It can be found at the entrance to the kingdom, on a table near the piano.
- 1 castle candle holder. – The castle candelabra can be found sitting on a chair next to the Great Lion statue, near the first flight of stairs where you saw the Golden Flying Book.
- 1 golden curtain – The golden curtain can be found on the table with a phonograph inside the library, where you obtained the Stair Wheel.
Once this is done, take all the materials you have gathered to Belle and she will sew you a costume. Now, she opens your closet and puts on the chandelier costume and Sailing Hat.
After equipping the Lumiere Candlestick costume, enter the secret passage, go up the stairs, and interact with the red curtain. This will give you access to the west wing of the castle, where the Beast Prince is. He talks to Beast and then talks to Belle once more. This explains the story of the misunderstanding between Belle and the Prince; The rest is up to you to discover.
Create the enchanted canvas
After Bella’s conversation, return to Dreamlight Valley and talk to Merlin. This time you will have to gather the following materials to make an enchanted canvas:
- 12 soft wood – The quickest way to get softwood is by digging up tree stumps, which can usually be found in the Forest of Valor.
- 8 Fiber – It can be made with seaweed.
- 4 dream fragment – can be obtained by unearthing glistening mounds throughout the valley.
- 3 white daisies – can be searched in Peaceful Meadow.
- 2 garnet – can be mined from mineral rocks in Plaza and Peaceful Meadow.
After collecting all the necessary materials, go to any crafting station and create the enchanted canvas, which can be found in the functional items menu. Once this is done, he returns to Beauty and the Beast’s kingdom and gives the canvas to Belle.
Complete the Into The West Wing mission
Now, follow Belle to the west wing and talk to her once more. She explains what really happened (just like in the movie) and will automatically trigger a cutscene where the portrait on the wall will magically change.
After the cutscene and your conversation with Beast, talk to Belle once more and complete “Into the West Wing!” search in Disney’s Valley of the Light of Dreams.