Racers are the main playable characters in Disney Speedstorm. Each racer has their own unique abilities that provide different types of racing experiences, advantages, and difficulties. However, not all runners will be available at the start; they can be unlocked by gathering enough shards from their corridors through various means.
Read on as we discuss the options for unlocking Racers of Disney Speedstorm.
How to unlock racers in Disney Speedstorm?
All Disney Speedstorm racers, regardless of level, will require at least 10 pieces of his corridor fragments to be unlocked. Unlocked racers can be used in other game modes, as long as the particular race does not have a required racer. Alternatively, there are chapters that are locked until the required runner is unlocked.
How to Get Runner Shards
Racer Shards can be obtained in different ways. Some racers are tied to the starting circuit, while others are exclusive to the season.
- universal box: Costs 10,000 Season Coins; has a chance to give 1-3 shards to a random runner from great loot.
- Season Box: Costs 1 to 3 Purple Season Coins per roll; you have a chance to get 2 to 8 shards from a random runner from the displayed collection.
- limited events: Complete objectives in certain limited events to obtain shards of the exhibited corridor.
- daily specials: Corridor Shards are often for sale and cost Season Coins based on your Rank and the number of Shards. The selection rotates daily.
- star packs: Certain racers get Star-Up Pack deals in the store, usually upon unlocking them.
- Starter Circuit Rewards: Loot Boxes can be unlocked in Starter Circuit chapters that reward Racer Shards.
- golden pass: Rewards for reaching certain levels in the Golden Pass.
- Ranked Multiplayer: Earn Shards for your chosen Racer by earning MPR using that specific Racer in Ranked Multiplayer.
Purchasing Founder’s Packs will give players the option to unlock an additional racer right at the start of their racing career. They can choose one of the following racers: Baloo, Belle, The Beast, Elizabeth Swann, Mowgli, or Shang.
Runners can be upgraded by getting more of their shards. Each subsequent level will have a higher shard requirement to progress. A total of 205 shards are needed to raise a racer to their highest star level.
- 2 stars: 20 fragments
- 3 star: 35 fragments
- 4 stars: 55 fragments
- 5 stars: 85 fragments
Upgrading racers to their 2-star level will unlock the ability to use their unique ability in races. Additional star upgrades will improve not only your Unique Skills, but your Common Skills as well.
Additionally, upgrading star levels will also unlock more crew slots, allowing racers to equip more crews.
- 1-2 stars: 1 slot
- 3 star: 2 slots
- 4 stars: 3 slots
- 5 stars: 4 slots
Selection of brokers
Unlocked racers can be used in various game modes and can be selected just before starting a race. Limited events, ranked and regulated multiplayer, and private track allow players to use their unlocked racers. Local Freeplay allows players to use all racers, regardless of whether they have them unlocked or not.
However, the Starter Circuit and Season Tour races have conditions and are locked to using a particular Racer/Guest Racer.
Watch this video of sick homesickness showing just some of the racers available in Disney Speedstorm: