A prince in disguise is the second quest that players must complete as they progress through the Kingdom of Beauty and the Beast in Disney Dreamlight Valley. The mission revolves around addressing the Beast’s insecurities, and you must help him in various ways to make up for misunderstandings and mistakes with Belle.
Read on as we walk through the steps on how to complete the A Prince in Disguise quest in Disney Dreamlight Valley.
How to start a Prince in Disguise quest
A Prince in Disguise quest will automatically start after unlocking the Beauty and the Beast kingdom and completing the first quest called “Into The West Wing.” As stated above, the quest revolves around the Beast, who is also responsible for assigning objectives to advance the quest.
A Complete Prince In Disguise Quest Walkthrough
Start the first objective by talking to the beast. He will then ask for your help in finding the three key pieces of a locked chest containing the Enchanted Mirror, which will help him reveal and determine the perfect gift for Bella. Each key piece is hidden behind a riddle; To get them, you have to solve the puzzles and go to all the specific places.
Where to find the 3 key pieces
The solutions to the three puzzles that will lead you to the location of the key pieces are as follows:
- Key Piece #1 (hidden in a hot place): This key piece is hidden in the fireplace inside the library. Next, equip your royal watering can and use it on the fire to spawn the key piece.
- Key Piece #2 (Hidden in a place where silence roars): This key piece is glued to the chest of the lion statue (the one on the left) located at the main entrance to the west wing. Once there, equip your Royal Pick Ax and use it to destroy the statue, then collect the key piece.
- Key Piece #3 (Hidden in a thorny place): This key piece is hidden beneath a glowing mound located in the castle garden. When you get there, go to the middle, next to the post where the roses are planted, and then dig up the mound using your Royal Shovel to get the key piece.
Return to the Beast after collecting all the key pieces. After the conversation, she uses the completed key the Beast gave you to open the locked chest near the Enchanted Rose, place the Enchanted Mirror inside, and then return it to the Beast.
How to make a book kit for Bella
Based on what you and the Beast saw in the Enchanted Mirror, you decide to give him a book kit. From here, you will have to return to Dreamlight Valley and get the materials you will need.
Here’s where to get the Dreamlight Valley materials needed to make a book kit for Bella:
- 20x Fiber – It can be made with seaweed. 1 Seaweed is equivalent to 5 Fibers.
- 3x Penstemon that drops more purple – A flower that grows anywhere within the Plaza.
- 1x empty vial – can be made with glass. To make 1 empty vial, you need 3 glasses.
- 1x pen – The villager you need to ask for a feather is Scrooge, who can usually be found inside his shop.
Once you have gathered all the necessary materials, you can now craft the Book Kit at any crafting station (listed in the Functional Items tab of the crafting menu). Once this is done, return to the kingdom and give the book kit to The Beast.
Where to find toiletries for The Beast
With the perfect gift prepared, help The Beast find 3 toiletries (Beast Brush, princely colony, Princely shampoo) to fix her appearance before giving the book kit to Bella. Fortunately, these items don’t require you to solve any puzzles just to obtain them and can be easily found in the West Wing area.
Toiletries for The Beast can be found at the following locations:
- Beast Brush Location: It can be found inside an old storage chest behind the west wing main entrance door.
- princely colony Location: It can be found on the small round table next to The Beast.
- Princely shampoo Location: It can be found on the small round table behind the shower screen, next to the bathtub.
Now, return to The Beast and give him the toiletries you found. After this, have him practice her apology to Belle. After that, go with the Beast to the garden, where you can hear his apology to Belle.
How to unlock Beauty and the Beast and complete the quest “A Prince in Disguise”
After the Beast apologizes along with a gift, talk to Belle once more. Then, he returns to Dreamlight Valley and places the Beast Castle wherever you want. Building the Beast Castle will cost 20,000 Star Coins and will automatically bring Belle to the village once construction is complete.
As you may have noticed, Beast is still missing. To take him to the valley, he takes Belle’s note and gives it to Beast. This way, you will convince him to leave the kingdom. After welcoming the Beast to the village, talk to him once more to complete the quest “A Prince in Disguise” in Disney Dreamlight Valley.