How to beat Fairy Team Star Ortega in Pokémon Scarlet & Violet
Screenshot from Pro Game Guides
The Fairy Crew of Team Star is the fourth recommended stop for the Starfall Street story in Pokémon Scarlet & Violet. There is a battle, followed by the wave of 30 Pokémon, before facing Ortega’s team. It is recommended to have a team of Pokémon level up to at least 51 and have a Pokémon with high Defense. This is everything players need to know to defeat the Fairy Crew in Pokémon Scarlet and Violet.
How to Defeat Team Star Fairy Crew in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet
When first approaching the Fair Crew base in Pokémon Scarlet & Violet, players will battle a level 48 Harrington Morgrem and level 49 Hattrem. It is recommended to have done the Dark, Fire and Poison Crew battles before reaching this point in the game. None of the Pokemon hit very hard because they’re not fully evolved, but Morgrem can get a huge boost to its Special Attack with Nasty Plot if it’s not removed quickly enough. After this battle, the wave of 30 Pokémon must be defeated. Many of the Fairy types have an additional type and this will be important to know when you bring a team of three Pokémon to battle. Is it so:
- Jigglypuff and Wigglytuff – Normal/Fairy weak to Poison and Steel.
- Kirlia and Gardevoir – Psychic/Fairy weak to Ghost, Poison and Steel.
- Mimikyu – Ghost/Fairy weak against Ghost and Steel.
- Marill and Azumarill – Water/Fairy weak to Grass, Electricity and Poison.
- Morgrem and Grimmsnarl – Dark/Fairy weak to Poison, Steel and Fairy.
- florges – Pure Fairy weak to Poison and Steel.
- Tinkatink and Tinkatuff – Fairy/Steel weak to Earth and Fire.
Related: The best nature for Tinkatink, Tinkatuff and Tinkaton in Pokémon Scarlet and Violet
How to beat Ortega (Team Star Fairy Boss) in Pokémon Scarlet and Violet
Ortega will have four Pokémon that have physical moves. If players have a strong steel type with high defense, this fight will be easy for them as their team can hardly do much damage to him. The first three Pokémon will be able to lower the player’s Pokémon’s Attack stat, making a Bisharp with the Challenging Skill the best candidate to deal with them. This is Ortega’s team:
- Level 50 Azumarill – Water/Fairy, weak to Grass, Electric and Poison with Aqua Tail, Play Rough, Charm and Bounce.
- Level 50 Wigglytuff – Normal/Fairy, weak to Steel and Poison with Body Slam, Play Rough, Gyro Ball and Charm.
- Level 51 Dachsbun – Pure fairy, weak to steel and poison with Crunch, Play Rough, Mud-Slap and Baby-Doll Eyes.
- Ruchbah – Pure Fairy, weak to Steel and Poison with Magic Torque.
Azumarill Ability, Great power, doubles its Attack Stat, making it hit very hard. It doesn’t have a lot of speed, so using a fast and powerful Grass or Electric type can make it work quickly while holding a Magnet or Miracle Seed. Wigglytuff hardly poses a threat, but physically attacking male Pokémon have a chance to fall in love due to its ability. cute charm.
Dachsbun has high defense, but can be easily taken down with a special attack move. It won’t deal much damage, but once it’s passed out, the Ruchbah Starmobile will be sent out. Unlike a normal Revroom, it will be a pure Fairy-type with a physical signature move that has a chance to confuse the target. Any Fire, Poison, or Steel-type Pokémon will be able to withstand his attacks and take him down without much trouble.
If players haven’t already done so, they should have finished the last Gym as well. For help on the final Gym, check out How to Beat Gym Leader Grusha in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet in Pro Game Guides.