Diving into the exhilarating Burning Shores DLC of Horizon Forbidden West requires players first to complete the base game on PS5. This prerequisite ensures a smooth transition into the expansion’s gripping narrative as it continues Aloy’s journey in a post-apocalyptic Los Angeles. By meeting these conditions, players can seamlessly unlock the thrilling adventures awaiting them in the volcanic archipelago of the Tenakth Clan Lands, immersing themselves in new challenges, characters, and storylines.
- DLC Access Requirements: Players must first complete the main story of Horizon Forbidden West on the PS5 version before they can access the Burning Shores DLC.
- Also, to enjoy Burning Shores story DLC, you will need to buy it from PS Store for $20.
- Time Investment: Expect to spend around 35-45 hours completing the base game before diving into the DLC.
- PS5 Exclusive: The Burning Shores DLC is exclusive to PS5, allowing the developers to fully utilize the console’s advanced capabilities and optimize the gaming experience.
- Here are a few reasons why most players who beat the base game will jump into DLC on day 1:
- Compelling Setting: The DLC takes place in a post-apocalyptic Los Angeles, now a volcanic archipelago teeming with danger and intrigue.
- Timeline: Burning Shores picks up immediately after the events of Horizon Forbidden West, making it an ideal continuation for players who have completed the base game.
- Exploration: Navigate the volcanic islands by land, air, and water as you immerse yourself in the rich world of the Tenakth Clan Lands.
- New Characters and Storylines: Meet new characters and uncover intriguing tales that will enrich Aloy’s journey.
- Formidable Machines: Prepare for intense machine battles, including a showdown with a colossal, operational Horus.
- Expansion, not a sequel: Burning Shores adds depth to Aloy’s universe but does not lead directly into Horizon 3, which has been hinted at in the base game.
Important: The first and obvious Horizon Forbidden West Burning Shores requirement is for you to actually buy the $20 expansion, as this is not a free update.
Requirement To Play Horizon Forbidden West Burning Shores?
In the captivating world of Horizon Forbidden West, players must meet specific requirements to access the thrilling Burning Shores DLC. To embark on this new adventure, players must first complete the main story of Horizon Forbidden West on the PS5 version. This ensures a seamless transition into the DLC as it continues Aloy’s journey and provides an enriched understanding of the unfolding narrative.
To initiate the Burning Shores DLC, players must first conquer the base game’s campaign, as stated on Guerrilla Games’ official website. The expansion’s enthralling story begins immediately after the base game’s climactic events, making it crucial for players to experience the full story to appreciate the context and motivation for Aloy’s next adventure toward Los Angeles.
What If You Have Not Completed The Base Game?
Concerning the time investment, players can expect to spend approximately 35-45 hours to complete Horizon Forbidden West’s main storyline or the base game, assuming they maintain focus and avoid engaging in too many side quests. This commitment allows players to dive into the Burning Shores DLC without delay, as it becomes available immediately after the base game’s gripping conclusion.
- If a player does not fulfill the requirement of completing the main story of Horizon Forbidden West, they will, unfortunately, be unable to access the Burning Shores DLC.
- In this case, alternatives may be limited. However, players can consider exploring other DLCs, if available, or immersing themselves in the vast array of side quests and activities in the base game.
- Ultimately, completing Horizon Forbidden West’s main story is the key to unlocking the exhilarating Burning Shores DLC and continuing Aloy’s epic journey.
Why Burning Shores DLC Is PS5 Exclusive?
The decision to release the Burning Shores DLC exclusively on the PS5 has been a controversial one. One of the main reasons behind this decision is the developers’ creative vision for the expansion. By focusing solely on the PS5, they can push the boundaries of what’s possible with the console’s advanced technical capabilities without being limited by the older PS4 hardware. This allows them to create an incredible experience that takes full advantage of the PS5’s power.
- However, the PS5 exclusivity has left some gamers who still own a PS4 feeling left out.
- For those who enjoyed Horizon Forbidden West on the PS4, the prospect of not being able to access the DLC without upgrading to a PS5 can be disheartening.
- This situation is somewhat reminiscent of the backlash that followed the release of Final Fantasy VII Remake’s Intergrade DLC, which was also a PS5 exclusive.
Another reason for the PS5 exclusivity is the need to manage development resources effectively. As the gaming industry moves forward and transitions into the next generation of consoles, developers need to allocate their time and effort to platforms that have the potential to deliver the best gaming experiences. The process of developing games for multiple platforms, including older ones like the PS4, can be time-consuming and result in delays for titles.
Was this article helpful?
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍