Game publisher and developer Cygames has announced the new Granblue Fantasy Versus Rising.
Granblue Fantasy Versus Rising Release Date
Granblue Fantasy Versus Rising is the latest title in the Granblue Fantasy Versus series. It will be developed by Arc System Works and its worldwide release is scheduled for the end of 2023 for PS5, PS4 and PC (via Steam).
This upcoming game will maintain the high-quality presentation the Granblue Fantasy franchise is known for and the easy-to-play gameplay praised by fighting game newcomers and veterans alike in the previous Granblue Fantasy Versus title. It will feature new gameplay elements including all-new characters, mechanics, and modes.
Two new trailers
Two new Granblue Fantasy Versus Rising trailers have been released to give fans an early look at all-new gameplay footage. First reveal trailer presents the new elements that have been improved from the previous title with the latest gameplay images. He second trailer It’s The Big Bruise! trailer introducing the online battle royale called Grand Bruise! legends.
The game is now in development and will feature several new ways to enjoy the series. It will also add a number of numerous new and rebalanced gameplay mechanics to battles.
Here are some details from the early game reveal including:
- Great list of characters: Players will see many new and old characters join the roster. In addition to the 24 characters on the current roster, more new characters will be joining the launch roster. The first will be announced during the GBVS Cygames Cup Special 2023 Finals, which will take place on February 25, 2023.
- New game mechanics: Ultimate Skills: There is a new gameplay mechanic called Ultimate Skills, which is a stronger version of Plus Skills from the original game. Slows down the opponent’s movements for a short time and allows players to extend combos and punish openings or breath attacks that would not normally be possible. More details will be released in the future.
- New Story Mode: It offers an abbreviated version of the 50 chapters featured in the RPG mode from the first GBVS that will be available in the new Story mode. There will be no more item collection, growth items, and some quest battles to make it easier to enjoy the story.
- Graphic improvements: The game’s shaders and post-processing effects have been enhanced to further replicate the iconic art style of Granblue Fantasy.
- Online Lobby Expansion: Now greatly improved and still allows players to control their lobby avatars, communicate with other players, and request a match. Originally, players were limited to the deck of the Grandcypher, but now the setting has been expanded to include an entire island.
- Legends of Grand Bruise! Mode: Play with dozens of others in Grand Bruise Legends!, a dedicated online battle royale mode featuring tons of mini-games.
- The minigames offer a variety of rules where you can team up and fight enemies or sabotage other players in various battle royale style games.
- Rising Royale: It’s a race to the finish in this free-for-all obstacle course. Use items to obstruct your opponents and enjoy the chaos that unfolds in this mode where anything goes!
- Gold Brick Hoarder: Players are divided into teams in this contest to battle for as many Gold Bricks as they can in their team’s pool within a time limit. Like Rising Royale, players can also choose to focus on disrupting the enemy team’s progress.
Granblue Fantasy Versus Rising launches later this year on PC and PlayStation.
Source: Press release