Jean is a humble Monk from Firene who is one of the skillful heroes in Fire Emblem Engage. Just like his father, he wants to become a doctor and help the community with his interpersonal skills. After a brutal attack on his village, Jean decided to join the army to become a better version of himself and serve his people. Playing with Jean and following his plot is really exciting in FE Engage, as it is packed with thrilling adventures and exhilarating events.
Just like every other character in FE Engage, Jean portrays his own story and background along with a distinctive class, build, and stats. So, if you’re planning to invest your time in Jean, it is better to know the character inside out.
- Jean is one of the playable characters in FE Engage who belongs to the Martial Monk Class.
- You can unlock Jean after completing Chapter 5 through Budding Talent Paralogue Quest.
- The unique ability of Jean has enhanced stat growth when leveling up.
- Jean can become a High Priest at level 10.
- You can increase your Support Level with Jean by presenting him with suitable meals and gifts.
- Jean prefers to fight alongside certain allies, such as Celine and Bunet.
- Ranking: S
- Base Class: Martial Monk
- Default Class Progression: TBA
- Initial Weapon: Dagger
- Special Ability: Increased stat growth when leveling up
Jean is quite an exceptional healer in FE Engage due to his special stat enhancement ability. He can prove real assistance in battles, especially when backed up by stronger and more offensive heroes.
Being a Martial Monk, Jean has a passive and supportive playstyle, allowing his allies to heal up during combats and jump back into the battlefield. While Jean is at max HP, he can initiate a Chain Guard to heal up the friendlies across the arena constantly.
Jean Stats And Growth
As far as stats of Jean are concerned, they are pretty decent, with potential for considerable Growth.
How To Unlock And Recruit Jean
In Engage, unlocking Jean is not much complex as you get access to him pretty early in the game. Once you complete Chapter 5 of the main storyline, open the world map to see a new notification of Paralogue Quests popping on it. After selecting the Budding Talent Quest, head to the Tea-Field Village and spot him. Once you find Jean, reach out and interact with him to recruit him to your team.
One thing to keep in mind is that before you try to unlock Jean, make sure that you already have Alear on your team. Otherwise, Jean will refuse to join you. Also, if you’re in high-difficulty settings, you have to make sure Jean does not die before joining your group.
Being a Healer, the most suitable class for Jean in FE Engage is High-Priest, which is an advanced and Mystical class. Once you cross level 10 with Jean, you can upgrade him to Martial Master. The healing powers of Jean can prove lifesaving in combat, helping you to change the outcomes of critical battles.
Jean has a pretty decent default class. However, if you want to add some spice to the character, you can always use the Second Seal to change his class and test out his performance on the Battlefield.
Increasing Support Level
You can progress the backstory of Jean by building a good bond with him. To make stronger relations with Jean, you can exchange appropriate gifts with him. While doing so, make sure that you present him with the right items, as there are some gifts that he loves to accept while dislikes certain items.
Following are the best gifts that you can give to Jean in Fire Emblem Engage.
- Philosophy Book
- Field Guide
- Dragon Scripture
- Elyos History
- Tea Leaves
- Fairy-tale Book
- Spirit Gem
- Poetry Book
- Butterfly Net
- Fine Quill Pen
- Bear Carving
Now that you’re aware of the suitable options, make sure to refrain from the following items, as Jean will not be very happy to receive them. These items include:
- Dried Meat
- Muscle Balm
- Training Weights
- Large Plate
- Horse Manure
- Sun Visor
- Playing Cards
- Spicy Seasonings
Here are some of the best cuisines that Jean likes
- Dome Bread: is baked with Wheat Flour, Milk, Eggs, and Nuts.
- Croissant: can be prepared with Eggs, Wheat Flour, and Milk.
- Berry Jelly: is baked with Berries and Milk.
- Baked Potato: is made with 2 Potatoes, Milk, and Beans.
- Caramel Nut Cake: can be baked with Nuts, Wheat Flour, Milk, and Egg.
- Classic Pizza: is made with Tomato, Milk, Eggs, and Herbs.
- Apple Pie: is prepared with Apple, Wheat Flour, and Eggs,
- Puffy Pancake: is baked with Wheat Flour, Milk, and Eggs.
- Soda Bread: is prepared from Grapes, Wheat Flour, and Milk.
- Pickled Cabbage: is made from Cabbage and Spices.
- Steamed Dango: is prepared from Wheat Flour and Milk.
Although you can go for any variations when building a team for battle, there are certain allies that make the best synergy with Jean. These heroes are:
- Celine, the Princess of Firene and the special member of Divine Dragon.
- Chloe, a great flying unit and fellow retainer of Louis.
- A great warrior and Prince Diamnt’s retainer, Jade.
- Princess Ivy’s retainer, Zelkov.
- Bunet, is a member of Sentinel and a great Chef.
- Clanne, 33rd Steward of Dragon and Framme’s twin.
- The great scholar of Elusia, Lindon.
With that, we sum up our guide on one of the best healing characters in FE Engage, Jean. Although he is not a very strong character on his own, if you pair him with aggressive heroes, he can prove great assistance by providing his healing abilities. Other than that, the story progression of Jean is also quite interesting. So, make sure to use the hero to his full potential by using his capabilities wisely.
In addition to that, if you want to understand the weapon triangle system, make sure to go through the detailed guide. Also, having appropriate knowledge about Bond Rings is crucial for progressing your characters. Furthermore, don’t forget to check out FE Engage length.
Was this article helpful?
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍