Celebrating the game’s first anniversary yesterday, Techland has also released the latest patch for Dying Light 2 and finally removes a very annoying security feature: Denuvo DRM.
Dying Light 2 Latest Update Introduces DLSS 3
The most recent update for Dying Light 2 Stay Human was released yesterday and it implements various changes, improvements, bug fixes, and more. One of the big improvements in Dying Light 2 was the introduction of DLSS 3 support, which will finally allow RTX 40 owners to realize the full potential of their cards. Dying Light 2’s performance will improve three times with this implementation, especially in visuals and game speed.
Finally removing Denuvo DRM
However, the best news in this new update is finally the removal of Denuvo DRM in Dying Light 2, which has been a controversial feature for PC games. Without him in Dying Light 2, his performance will be greatly improved, as it is rumored to be one of the factors that have hindered him.
Denuvo DRM is a security feature for many triple-A games to prevent hacking. Unfortunately, it comes at a price, which is gameplay issues, bugs, visual irregularities, and many more. This is highly frowned upon by PC gamers, especially when they read about it in PC game descriptions.
Dying Light 2 Update 1.9.0 Full Patch Notes
Check out the full patch notes below:
Community Update #2 (1.9.0)
personal computer | Xbox | P.S.
It’s going to be Legen, wait for it, daring!
Get new passive abilities and progress faster than ever, even when you think you’ve reached the end. Find out what you are capable of and take your game to the next level!
*The Legend Levels feature may not work as expected with modified game content.
Cross-gen for Xbox and PlayStation is here
Ready to explore The City with your friends? With Cross-gen for Xbox and PlayStation, you can now team up with other Survivors on different console generations! Team up and have fun!
Ragdoll AI physics and reaction improvements
We’ve enhanced your experience to include new and improved ragdoll animations, physics, and AI reactions. Infected now behave more realistically when taking damage. Equip yourself with the best tools and check these improvements yourself!
● New ragdoll code that more realistically applies the forces of hits
● New ragdoll presets change the hit reactions of human-sized enemies.
● Changed various animation-based hit reactions to ragdolls.
● Changes to AI behavior around building ledges
This feature will be further developed in the next updates!
Dynamic Competitions are back
Are you looking for something new to spice up your online experience? Check out a classic Dying Light feature: Dynamic Competitions! It will give you the thrill of facing something unexpected!
This update brings a number of important changes that will affect the game. Let’s take a look at some of the highlights of this update.
● Players can now experience more immersive and terrifying audio during night chases.
● Cutscenes can be skipped by holding down the dedicated button.
● Hazmat Biters will not instantly explode when hit with a weapon using electric or fire mods
● Players can now determine any number of crafted items, not just one or all.
● Players can now instantly kill Biters with the Stab skill upgrade.
● Rare trophies will now drop more frequently than infected ones.
● Newly added clothing, Pilgrim Outfit, awarded at the start of the game.
● Ability to dodge when looking up
● Improved world textures: selected floors, walls and surfaces
● Reduced snapping rate
● New one-handed ax animations, and we won’t stop with animation improvements there!
In addition to the changes in the first part of the patch notes, we’ve made other fixes!
Check them out in the full list below:
○ Any player can now use the host’s Nightrunner tools during a co-op session, regardless of personal progression in single player.
○ Added Respawn Ability – Spawns 45 seconds after death near another player
○ Other players’ markers will be displayed on the compass when they are more than 50 meters away
○ Other players’ markers will appear in the environment when they are within 50 meters away
○ Challenges should now end for all players if one completes it
○ Strings will look natural and not distorted when swinging
○ Reduced neck resistance for lower level enemies: takedowns will work correctly
○ Changed the location of the party information UI
○ Doors in X13 will open correctly for players in co-op session
○ Fixed issue with player respawning in X13
○ Fixed immunity vulnerability after healing repeatedly. No more god mode.
○ Fixed player model shaking while hiding/vents
○ Improved UI regarding players needing to be revived
○ The list of games found in the online menu will automatically update after a failed attempt to join
○ Fixed a rare issue with the flashlight being on during Aiden’s flashbacks
○ Fixed rare graphical issues with military containers opening and closing repeatedly
○ Fixed TPP animations issue for players using baseball bats.
○ Blood Ties: Fixed matchmaking issues despite owning said story DLC.
○ Bloody Ties – Fixed issue where music would not play for all players in Rush and Carnage challenges.
○ Bloody Ties – Players now do not need to wait for other players at critical moments during timed sequences
○ Bloody Ties – player looks more natural when unlocking the safes
○ Bloody Ties – Rush challenges will end for everyone once the host finishes
○ Bloody Ties: Spectacles objectives now update correctly in the UI for all players in co-op.
○ Fixed TPP animation of connecting a power cable to the generator
○ Improved co-op widgets from other players, including status icons (poisoned, burned, etc.)
○ The player no longer loses the ability to attack from a turret after an activated scene.
○ Let’s Waltz – Replaced rope with monkey bar to prevent players from dying and blocking mission progress
○ Teleport to host reduced from 10 to 3 seconds
○ Bleed out time increased from 20 to 40 seconds – now you have more time to help your downed friends!
○ The player who heals their moving friend will no longer be dragged; in other words, the healing stops if the patient runs away.
○ Veronika Quest: fixed issue of an invisible NPC for each player in the session
○ Fixed rare cases where the host difficulty would revert to Normal when other players left the game.
○ When using the controller, reviving other players will not unintentionally use other consumables outside of the medkit selected in the item wheel
○ Fixed issue where players could not craft Lockpicks despite free slot.
○ Barbed wires around Huntress’s camp will now deal damage. Care!
○ Crossbow now has finite ammo in Harper’s Elite Mission
○ Kick attacks are now slightly faster and more powerful
○ Hurting friendly NPCs will no longer count towards the “King of the Hill” objective.
○ The game will no longer use third-party DRM protection
○ PC only: Nvidia DLSS3 support. For the best experience, you need a VRR monitor and GPU scheduling enabled. There is a known issue where the game benchmark does not report the correct frame rate when DLSS frame generation is enabled. To see the correct frame rate, use industry standard FPS reporting tools such as Frameview or CapframeX. We hope to resolve this issue in the next patch.
○ PC only: Fixed darker image issue on certain setups after one of the latest patches
○ PC Only: Carnage Manica’s shield no longer displays twice when holding down the mouse scroll wheel.
○ PS5 only: Bloody Ties will now load correctly when launched from the Resume tab
○ The “heartbeat” sound will no longer be audible if the player has muted all audio in game settings
○ Greater variation of fern models in the city
○ Background music for the quest “Cathedral” is no longer heard everywhere when following the quest
○ Fixed graphical issue with fog or smoke appearing underwater.
○ Fixed graphical issues with building geometry showing dark spaces in the distance
○ Fixed issue with menu background movement due to in-game explosions.
○ Fixed rare instances of players falling through the elevator floor
○ Improved quality of VFX/particle effects
○ SFX are now audible for the explosion of the weapon’s explosion mod
○ Improved firing animation for crossbows
○ Fixed missing voice lines issue
○ Fixed missing combat music when fighting in GRE Anomalies
○ Fixed rare cases of missing audio after previewing an outfit in the stash
○ Fixed TPP animations to block with Cranage Manica while holding a weapon 2h
○ Fixes for distant NPCs occasionally getting stuck in their animation
○ Improved lightning consistency in-game
○ UV Flashlight: increased audio intensity when burning Biters
○ Furniture and other assets have been moved in some locations to mitigate clipping anomalies
○ Increased rendering range for fog and volumetric lights
○ Higher resolution for the sky
○ Increased number of objects that cast shadows
○ Improved transition for tree LOD
○ General CPU, GPU and DirectX 12 performance optimizations
○ Memory usage and performance improvements in longer gaming sessions
○ PC Only: Fixed FSR 2.0 option disappearing on certain setups
○ Fixes for completing the True Nightrunner achievement. Note that it may be necessary to redo one of the Nightrunner Tests
○ Improved LOD on the highway leading to X13
● user interface
○ Added a quest marker for “Portrait of a Hangover”.
○ Added an additional 7th health bar segment for healthy players over 600 HP
○ Added tooltips to the map icon for the vendor in Carnage Hall
○ Added tooltip to the map icon for Severus in Carnage Hall
○ The camouflage icon will no longer be replaced by other status icons
○ Clarified quest objectives in “The Master”
○ Fast travel hint will now be correctly added to the hint menu
○ Icon order for modded weapons is no longer different in different parts of the UI
○ Fixed the “Search Upgrade” text overlapping the health bar.
○ Improved loading times of Messages of the Day in the main menu
○ Players can now easily trade Nightrunner accessories and tools in the Quick Slot
Dying Light 2 is out now for PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S.