Bungie has released the “This Week at Bungie” post Today we’re revealing some new details about the recent downtime caused by Destiny 2 Hotfix 22.214.171.124.
Destiny 2 Hotfix Chaos
A few days ago, Hotfix 126.96.36.199 was released in Destiny 2 to fix various issues in the game. He fixed them, but soon after, various player reports flooded the forums and other social media platforms revealing complaints about a lack of Triumphs, Seals, and Catalysts.
the cause of everything
Bungie revealed that the issue occurred when some currently uncompletable EDZs and Nessus Triumphs were moved from Forsaken to the Archived Triumphs section. A tool was then used to make changes that move a player’s status from one location to another on the player’s account. This was actually quite powerful, but it also needs careful and cautious handling and one mistake could lead to disaster.
There was a configuration error in the process that accidentally re-ran the previous state migration process that they used in a previous release, Beyond Light. This resulted in some bugs that have been fixed.
Revert had to be done
The only thing I wanted to do was to revert the player database while researching how to remove the build change. This was the new patch for 188.8.131.52 and it has been tested. After a successful run, it was deployed live.
After it was fixed, all player accounts had to be reverted by 8:20am PST on January 24, 2023. All progress was lost between 8:20 and 11am and purchases were refunded.
next week plans
Next week, there are plans for new updates that will complete the collections for this Season. Check the details below:
- The weekly Deepsight weapon focus (red border) from the Exo Frame on the HELM will adjust to daily availability for the remainder of the season to help players craft those ultimate weapons before Lightfall hits. This will also apply to vendors offering a guaranteed Deepsight weapon focus from Seasons 16-18.
- As a reminder, Iron Banner’s reputation gains will increase in a number of ways when Fortress returns on January 31. These include:
- An increase in base reputation gained per match.
- An increased contribution to the multiplier for wearing Iron Banner armor.
- An increased contribution to the multiplier when equipping an Iron Banner emblem.
Destiny 2 is available now for PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S.