You’ll need everything on the Dead Space Remake weapons list to survive the nightmares that befall Ishimura. There are quite a few that Isaac can find on the ship that give him an advantage against close brushes with death. Here a guide that shows the list of weapons, their locations, how to upgrade them and what are the best weapons to use.
Dead Space Remake Weapons List
These are all the weapons and where you can find them that you can find in Dead Space Remake:
- plasma cutter: Found in Chapter 1 after descending from the elevator shortly after the crew of the USG Kellion was attacked in the Flight Room. Isaac will assemble it from the workbench, which is the first weapon in the game. The Plasma Cutter can rotate the projectiles from it to give greater precision when cutting body parts.
- pulse rifle: Found in Chapter 2 shortly after reaching medical cover. Isaac sees a wounded woman muttering to herself before finally dying. The pulse rifle can be picked up from the ground. This rapid-fire weapon can fire proximity mines for a lot of damage.
- Flamethrower: Found in Chapter 3 when entering the corridor to the engine room. It’s on the corpse embedded in the wall. The flamethrower cannot be used in areas without oxygen, but is great for close range encounters on flaming necromorphs. His alternate fire can launch a projectile that spreads flames over a wide area.
- Ripper: Found in Chapter 3 inside the Machine Shop in Engineering. When Isaac enters the room, he will notice a headless corpse, below it is the Ripper. This chainsaw weapon can slice through enemies up close with its main fire, but it can also fire those chainsaw blades at enemies that ricochet and hit even more Necromorphs.
- contact beam: Found in Chapter 4 inside the Records Office by going through the Zero-G corridor. The Contact Beam is a weapon that fires a laser concentration at enemies but consumes a lot of ammo to use. This weapon can pack a powerful shot that can take down even the toughest of enemies.
- Line gun: Found in Chapter 5 within Emergency Equipment Storage in Medical. The Line Gun is an improved version of the Plasma Cutter with a wider line making it ideal for cutting limbs. His alternate fire can lay down laser mines that damage passing enemies and can be picked up to salvage ammo.
- force weapon: The Force Gun is a weapon that blows up enemies that get too close. His alternate fire can throw up a small field that draws in enemies.
- Hand cannon: It can only be achieved by beating the game in Impossible Mode. A prank weapon, a red sports glove that instantly kills enemies while Isaac makes strange noises.
Dead Space Remake has a total of eight weapons that can be found on the Ishimura. Many of them are quite easy to spot on your way, however some can be easily missed so you need to be on the lookout.
Each weapon has an alternate firing mode that you can use. The Plasma Cutter, for example, can rotate its projectiles to accurately target limbs that are crucial when fighting Necromorphs. The plasma rifle can fire proximity mines but at the cost of 25 ammo.
Speaking of ammo, Dead Space Remake weapon ammo only appears while that weapon is in your inventory. If you put it into storage, you will not be able to receive ammo for that weapon. Since your inventory space is limited, you may want to put the weapons you don’t want into storage.
How to upgrade weapons in Dead Space Remake?
Weapons can be upgraded by finding the upgrade parts that are hidden in Ishimura or by purchasing them from shops found in the game. Additionally, you can also use banks to provide stat buffs to weapons by installing nodes in their slots.
As you progress through the chapters, more weapon upgrades will become available in the Shops. These will cost you credits to invest in, but can be worth it as they provide powerful bonuses for his team that will help him against Necromorphs.
The best weapons in Dead Space Remake
The best weapons in Dead Space Remake would have to be the plasma pistol, flamethrower, and force pistol. We will not count the Hand Cannon as it is a weapon that you can only get in New Game Plus.
You only have so much space on your numpad to assign all the weapons in Dead Space Remake. This means you won’t have time to quickly scroll through each weapon, as opening your inventory puts you in a vulnerable spot. Due to the nature of necromorphs, it is usually best for non-conventional weaponry to cut off their limbs to permanently stop them.
The plasma pistol is the first weapon you get, but it’s already one of the most reliable. While it may seem basic compared to other weapons in Isaac’s arsenal, it’s reliable for chopping off limbs, which is one of the Necromorphs’ biggest weaknesses. He’s also not short of ammunition and a fully upgraded plasma pistol can take down most enemies in the game with ease.
The flamethrower is a really fun weapon to use to turn necromorphs to ashes. As a bonus, it also sheds some light in hard-to-see areas, making it harder for enemies to sneak up on you. It’s second only to the Force Gun, which is essentially a shotgun that pushes away Necromorphs who love to get too close.
If you like our article, here’s some more Dead Space Remake content you’ll love: