Dead Space Remake has a Secret Ending only included in New Game+. Moreover, the New Game+ will also have Level 6 Advanced Suits and New Phantom Variant Necromorphs.
- The Secret Ending is only included in New Game+ in Dead Space Remake.
- Secret Ending in Dead Space Remake is activated by collecting all 12 Marker Fragments only included in New Game+.
- Both Original and Secret Endings lead to the events of Dead Space 2.
How To Unlock The Secret Ending
To unlock the Secret Ending, you must play Dead Space Remake in New Game+ mode. The New Game+ mode can be unlocked by completing the game at any difficulty level. Moreover, in the New Game+ mode, you will have to collect 12 Marker Fragments to achieve the Secret Ending in Dead Space Remake.
These Marker Fragments only appear in New Game+, and each chapter has one Fragment except for Chapter 5 and 10, which contains two fragments, and Chapter 9, which contains no fragments.
Location Of Every Marker Fragment
Here is the location of all 12 Marker Fragments that you will need to collect to activate the Secret Ending in Dead Space Remake.
- Maintenance Bay Office in Chapter 1, behind the bookcase next to the Data Board. You will need to attack the books to collect the Marker Fragment.
- Dr. T. Kyne’s Office in Chapter 2, behind the bookshelf, which is moved using kinesis. There will be a small room behind the bookshelf, and the Marker Fragment will be on the table.
- Engine Room in Chapter 3. Once you reach the Engine Room, find an opening marked “Power Sub-Station 003”. The Marker Fragment will be there in the corner.
- Break Room on the third floor of the bridge in Chapter 4. The Marker Fragment will be on the floor near the lit candles.
- Dr. C. Mercer’s Office in Chapter 5. It’s pretty easy to find, as the Marker Fragment is right on the desk.
- Cryogenics area in Chapter 5. You will head there to pick up liquid nitrogen, as it’s part of the main story. However, before picking up the liquid nitrogen, make a round around outside the cryogenic chamber, and you will see the Marker Fragment on the top of the cryogenic chamber. You can’t reach it physically, so you will have to use kinesis to pull it over.
- East Grow Chamber in Chapter 6. This chapter involves injecting eight Wheezers. After injecting the sixth Wheezer, head to the corner right of the East Grow Chamber using zero gravity. There, you will see the Marker Fragment at the top deck.
- Mineral Samples in Chapter 7. You must first complete the objective Admin RIG and upgrade to Security Clearance Level 3. Thereafter, check your map to find the Mineral Samples room. You will find the Marker Fragment on a shelf in the Mineral Samples room.
- Communication Hubs in Chapter 8. Move all the way to the left of the Communication Control Panel. The corrupted covered hole contains The Marker Fragment.
- Deluxe Shift Bunks in Chapter 10. After you have installed the power, use the Circuit Breaker to open the doors to Deluxe Shift Bunks. The Marker Fragment will be on the desk.
- Inquiry Desks in Chapter 10. After engaging in a cutscene and talking to Terence Kyne, the doors to Inquiry Desks will be opened. Thereafter, head there, and you will see the Marker Fragment on the desk behind a bottle of wine.
- Cargo Bay in Chapter 11. Before doing the objective, Engage the Cargo Crane; head to the southern part of the Cargo Bay, where you will see the last Marker Fragment on a shelf.
These are all the Marker Fragments that you will need to collect in New Game+ throughout the story progression to activate the Secret Ending in Dead Space Remake.
How To Activate The Secret Ending
After collecting all 12 Marker Fragments, head to the Executive Quarters. After that, you need to head to Captain Mathius’s room in the Executive Quarters, where you will find twelve slots to put the Marker Fragments. Furthermore, you must place all the Marker Fragments in the slots to activate the Secret Ending in Dead Space Remake. Make sure you do this step before continuing the objective and progressing to Chapter 12.
There will be a single line of dialogue after placing all the Marker Fragments and activating the Secret Ending in Dead Space Remake.
Original Ending In Dead Space Remake
You will see this ending after you have completed the Dead Space Remake the first time. This ending stays truthful to the 2008 Original Game. After Issac defeats the Hive Mind, he heads back to his ship, trying to escape from this world of Necromorph. However, he gets attacked by mutated Nicole, and it was Issac hallucinating all the time because his mind was corrupted by the Markers.
Secret Ending In The Dead Space Remake
There is nothing major changes in the Secret Ending of Dead Space Remake. Issac defeats the Hive Mind and heads back to the ship again. However, this time, Issac is not attacked by Nicole. Instead, Nicole asks Issac, “Are we going home, Issac? There’s so much work to do”.
To which Issac replies, “Soon, I promise. Gotta build a little something first”. Nicole asks, “What is it?”. Nicole then approaches Issac and puts her hand on Issac’s shoulder. As Issac holds Nicole’s hand, he says, “It’s a surprise, sweetie. But I think you’re going to like it”.
Both endings lead to Dead Space 2. It is later found out that Issac wasn’t attacked by Nicole and was hallucinating all the time. In Dead Space 2, he wakes up confined in a hospital after three years, having no memory of what happened after boarding the ship.
The original ending in Dead Space shows that Issac is still suffering from the impact Markers has done on him. On the other hand, the Secret Ending in Dead Space shows that Issac has surrendered himself to the Markers, not accepting Nicole’s death.
That’s all you need to know on how to get the Secret Ending in Dead Space Remake. You will be facing some dangerous Necromorphs on your way, so it’s better to learn about the Best Weapons in Dead Space Remake. Furthermore, you can also find out How Long it will take to beat Dead Space Remake in our guide.
Was this article helpful?
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍