Dead Space (2023) is the remake of the famous Dead Space (2008). Dead Space remake is a horror third-person shooter game. The game is being developed by Motive and published by Electronic Arts. Motive is the same studio that created the original Dead Space (2008).
Moreover, they have also made the rest of the Dead Space series and the Mass Effect series. Dead Space is a critically acclaimed horror game. Most horror game enthusiasts are extremely excited about the remake. That is because most horror game fans love Dead Space. This is also why Callisto Protocol was so hyped because it resembled Dead Space a lot. Here’s everything we know so far about Dead Space Remake.
- Dead Space (2023) is the upcoming remake of the original Dead Space (2008).
- The remake will have the same setting as the original but will improve it and make it more immersive.
- The gameplay and combat will have new features and additions which will make the experience for players more enjoyable.
- The story of Dead Space Remake will be the same as the original but will include some additions to improve the storytelling.
- Some of the key differences include Voice of Issac, full access to the USG Ishimura, New rooms, routes, and challenges, Zero Gravity sections with full 360-degree control, improved body physics and animations, and Intensity director
The Setting Of Dead Space Remake
Dead Space remake, like its original, is set in 2508. In 2508, humanity is at risk of extinction because of low resources. Because of the lack of resources, humanity cannot survive much longer. A company named Concordance Extraction Corporation steps in to help humanity. They create a spaceship by the name of USG Ishimura.
The USG Ishimura is a ship used to harvest resources from other planets. The Ishimura is the main setting of Dead Space Remake. It is a huge spaceship that is mainly involved in mining huge chunks of planets. These chunks are then used to extract any useful resources for humanity’s survival. Aegis VII is also an area players can access, but that is only for the last chapter of the game.
Players must travel as our protagonist Issac Clarke through Ishimura to fix it. There are a lot of levels in the Ishimura, each having a different level design. Dead Space remake has a few more added rooms for the players to explore. Some of them actually require some new gameplay mechanics to access, which we will discuss later.
Gameplay And Combat
As we know, Dead Space Remake is a remake of the original game, so it stays true to the original design. While staying true to the original, they have added a lot of new mechanics. Dead Space Remake is the same Third-person shooter game as Dead Space (2008). It is a horror survival, so players must use their limited resources to escape different monsters and complete the objectives to progress in the story.
However, there is a small difference in the combat of the other survival horrors. The enemies in the game are called Necromorphs. These necromorphs can’t be killed by shooting their heads. The primary weapon in use is called a plasma cutter. It is a mining tool and can cut anything. To kill the enemies, players must cut off their limbs first. After cutting off the limbs, you can stomp on the heads to crush and kill them.
In addition, necromorphs are of a few types, but everyone has limbs that the player must cut off to kill them. So players must be quick on their feet and remove them before they attack you. There are a few more weapons to use to kill the enemies. But because Dead Space Remake is a survival horror, you need to keep the resource usage as little as possible. You can also use kinesis to fight enemies, but it is not as effective as weapons.
Story Of Dead Space Remake
According to the EA’s official website, we know that the Dead Space remake story is the same as the original. It specifies that the new gameplay will broaden the view of the story as well. But the remake will not make any major changes to the original story and will give the players the same experience with better graphics and improved gameplay.
The story of Dead Space begins when USG Ishimura faces technical problems and gets stranded in space. To fix this issue, they send a distress beacon. In response, a team boarded the USG Kellion to find the cause of the distress beacon. The team consists of Issac Clarke, Kendra Daniels, Zach Hammond, Chen, and Johnston. Issac Clarke is the main protagonist of Dead Space and the only playable character.
In addition to being part of the repair team, Issac has a girlfriend named Nicole Brennan on board USG Ishimura. Issac takes on this job to meet her as well. But what he didn’t know was that he would be greeted by undead creatures called Necromorphs once he boards the Ishimura. The story will proceed from there on out, following Issac and the events that occur, revealing the truth behind Ishimura and the Necromorphs.
The story will stay the same as mentioned before, but the changes will give the players a new perspective. Side characters that had no impact on the original will now get more screen time. These side characters will give us a more in-depth explanation of the lore of the game and make the overall story much more interesting and immersive.
Developers And Publishers
Dead Space Remake is being developed by its original developers. Motive studios have not only made the original Dead Space trilogy, but they are also the developers of the Mass Effect series. Recently they have created the Mass Effect Legendary Edition. This is the remaster of the original Mass Effect, which received an 87 Metascore from critics.
However, a lot of oversea fans didn’t like the fact that they didn’t add any other languages to the game for the ease of those players. In truth, the game itself was fantastic and did not deserve the unnecessary hate that the fans gave them. The Motive has assured us that they are doing their absolute best to make Dead Space (2023) a great remake.
The publishers are Electronic Arts, and they have published numerous amount of great games. They are also the ones who published the original Dead Space (2008). EA seems to have put a lot of hope into this project and wants it to be a success. From the trailers and gameplay, the game looks absolutely phenomenal, and fans are extremely excited to see what they have in store for us.
Differences Between The Original And The Remake
Dead Space (2023) is a remake and not a remaster. That means that there will be changes in this game that separates it from the original. It isn’t just better graphic fidelity but also improvements in the gameplay and even new small additions that set it apart from Dead Space (2008). These changes are listed below.
- Issac Clarke, the main protagonist, can finally talk. They have added voice acting that will help players immerse themselves in the story and dialogue more than before.
- The players have full access to the USG Ishimura. This means that players can easily backtrack to previous locations and do things that they couldn’t do before.
- New rooms, routes, and challenges have been added that will make the gameplay more immersive and less linear than the original.
- The map has been upgraded with a much better UI and locator.
- No more loading time wait. The developers of Dead Space Remake have reduced the loading time to none using SSD technology. This will allow players to be more immersed in the game and not interrupt them during their playtime.
- The Zero Gravity sections have been improved a lot. In the original only leaps could be made using the Zero-G boots, but in the remake, you have full 360-degree control of it. You also have additional Zero gravity sections, which will make up for more fun gameplay than before.
- Necromorphs have improved body physics and animations which will make the combat even better than before.
- “Intensity director” is a new feature that adapts the game’s AI to the player’s performance and also affects the environment as well.
You can check out a more detailed explanation on the EA official website news section.
Platforms And Release Date Of Dead Space Remake
As we know, the Dead Space remake is a very demanding game. Even if it is highly optimized, the game still takes a whole lot out of your console. If you are playing on a PS5 or Xbox Series X/S, you should be able to enjoy the game to its full potential. But for a PC, you will need the latest hardware for it to work on high graphics settings.
In addition, you need at least 8 GB VRAM even for the minimum settings to work. Because the game does not have any loading time, it will require a very strong PC to function properly. The game will be released on January 27, 2023. The game will be available on PS5, Xbox Series X/S, and PC.
That wraps up everything we know so far about Dead Space Remake. We hope this was able to help you out in anything regarding the upcoming Dead Space (2023). If you want to keep up with the latest news about Dead Space, you can check them out on the EA official website Dead Space News section.
Was this article helpful?
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍