In the expansive world of Baldur’s Gate 3, players will encounter a myriad of unique quests, including the poignant Waukeen Manor storyline. Beyond the overarching narrative of rescuing the Grand Duke, there’s an emotionally charged subplot: a trapped man in desperate need of assistance. Players should be ready, for amidst this chaos lies a quest, a rescue mission, which, if successfully executed, leads to further layers of the story. Without further ado, here is how to tackle the BG3 Rescue the Trapped Man quest.
Locating Benryn, The Trapped Man In BG3
To locate the trapped individual, known as Benryn, players should navigate to the burning house, specifically to the west side of Waukeen Manor in BG3.
- Inside this building, riddled with the remains of Paladins and Goblins, ascend to the second floor.
- The pathway will guide you straight to the trapped man, however, there’s more than one way to enter the building.
- Although the game might guide you towards the main entrance flanked by the Flaming Fist soldiers, the sides of the building present alternative entry points.
- One such secret entrance, on the left of the main doors, brings you close to Benryn.
- However, be prepared, as an explosion is imminent as you approach, igniting a rapidly spreading fire that threatens Benryn’s life.
Once on the second floor, a burnt door will block your path. To Rescue The Trapped Man in BG3, here are the steps that will need to be followed:
- Destroy it using ranged magical attacks or physical strikes.
- Upon entering, Benryn will be found pinned under flaming planks in the room’s far-left corner.
- To free him, a dice roll challenge presents itself: either a Strength or an Investigation skill check.
- Players should ensure their character possesses adequate strength or intelligence stats to increase the chances of passing this check, as the required score is above 10.
- After successfully freeing Benryn, the game shifts to Turn-Based mode; the fire will consume the room with each passing turn, emphasizing the urgency of an escape.
- Guide Benryn out through the previously broken door and towards the corridor for safety.
- Once you have distanced yourself from the immediate danger, end the Turn-Based mode.
Benryn’s Tale And The Hunt For The Dowry
After the harrowing rescue, Benryn, now safely outside the building, reveals the tragic tale of his lover’s demise and speaks of a cherished dowry. This revelation marks the start of your quest for a valuable item.
- For the dowry’s location, exit the building and head west of the Manor’s main doorway, leading to a series of barns.
- However, a blazing path stands between you and your destination.
- To safely navigate this fiery stretch, players can utilize the Create Water scroll, employ characters proficient in water magic, or use available water barrels to douse the flames.
- Upon reaching the barns, focus on the one situated on the side of the pathway.
- Within, a haystack hides the coveted prize, and after successfully rolling a Perception Check, it reveals the dowry’s location – a Gilded Chest, housing a precious ring known as Benryn’s dowry.
- This valuable item can be kept or returned to Benryn, with each choice affecting future interactions and character alignments.
Upon securing the dowry, players face a moral dilemma. They can either present the dowry to Benryn, earning gratitude and possibly favor with certain companions or keep it for personal gain. Whichever path you choose, your actions culminate in the completion of the ‘Rescue the Trapped Man’ quest in Baldur’s Gate 3, offering not only tangible rewards but also the satisfaction of shaping your journey.
With that, you know all about the Rescue the Trapped Man quest in BG3. Be sure to check out this guide on the Baldur’s Gate 3 Nightsong Quest to embark on other intriguing adventures. If you want to learn about other important in-game characters, consider reading up on who is guardian, covering his interaction and relationship.
Was this article helpful?
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍