The new Bayonetta 3 to update it finally fixes one of the game’s biggest problems: Viola’s horrible gameplay.
Bayonetta 3 update fixes Viola’s gameplay!
Update version 1.2.0 was recently released on Nintendo Switch, introducing many tweaks to the game’s combat and fixing various bugs. One of the biggest changes with the new update is finally fixing Viola’s moves, which was terrible when it launched. It was especially hard to activate her Block ability and the conditions for her Witch’s Time were unclear. She made it difficult to play her character when her scene came up and many would want to quickly finish her missions to get back to Bayonetta.
This new Bayonetta 3 update could finally make Viola enjoyable now instead of a nuisance. What a relief.
Niflheim scenario conditions are now easier compared to previous versions of the game. Some of the time limits have been extended, the limited lives have been increased and more.
The Bayonetta 3 update makes it easier this time to unlock the Old Picture Book stage. Previously, players had to purchase the Ancient Illustrated Book from the in-game Gates of Hell store and then had to find three hidden Rainbow Keys before they could open it to unlock the level.
The Bayonetta 3 update will now automatically give players keys. Just buy the book to access the stage.
Bayonetta 3 Version 1.2.0 Full Patch Notes
Check out the full patch notes below:
- Adjusted Viola’s activation window for “Lock” and activation conditions for Witch Time.
- Added block activation window after releasing Block (during release animation).
- Added an additional animation when Witch Time takes effect, making its activation easier to perform.
- Witch Time’s allotted duration and activation window have been extended.
- Now when the block triggers when the player is attacked, the player will take a damage effect, but the block will succeed and trigger Witch Time.
- Now, the combo can continue (with Dodge Offset) when the player uses Block to activate Witch Time.
- If the Block input is used repeatedly, the duration of the Witch Time granted will decrease.
- Made adjustments to prevent Viola’s Evasive Cue and Cheshire’s Summons Cue from triggering Assault Slave while maintaining invincibility if used in quick succession.
- Weapons “Simoon”, “Tartarus” and Viola’s charge attacks can now continue to charge, even if dodged or blocked.
- Wink Slave can now be activated from the “PKP*” and “PKK*” combos for the “G-Pillar”, “Dead End Express” and “Cassiopeia” weapons.
*P is Punch and K is Kick
- When equipping the “Infernal Communicator” and “Pulley’s Butterfly” attachments to summon demons and butterflies, it is now possible to cancel the summoning move by dodging or blocking.
The following Niflheim stage conditions have been changed to reduce the difficulty:
|niflheim stage||Modified conditions|
|Chapter 2, verse 5 (from casual to expert)||120 second time limit changed to 150 second time limit|
|Chapter 3 Verse 4 (From casual to expert)||Two lives increased to three lives|
|Chapter 5 Verse 2 (From casual to expert)||150 second time limit changed to 180 second time limit|
|Chapter 6 Verse 8 (From casual to expert)||Two lives increased to three lives|
|Chapter 9 Verse 8 (Casual to Expert)||60 second time limit changed to 80 second time limit|
|Chapter 10 Verse 1 (Casual to Expert)||140 second time limit changed to 160 second time limit|
|Chapter 12 Verse 5 (Casual to Expert)||One life increased to two lives|
- The conditions for obtaining the “Tricolor Keys” needed to open the “Ancient Illustrated Book” have been simplified.
- The “Tricolor Keys” will be automatically available on the chapter selection screen once the “Gates of Hell” become accessible.
- Even if the player already has access to the Gates of Hell, or has already obtained one or two keys, they will automatically obtain the remaining keys when they go to the chapter selection screen after applying the update.
- Adjustments have been made to Golem Treasure Chests found in stages.
- The time limits have been increased and the difficulty has been reduced.
- Golem Chest’s fragmentation animation can now be fast forwarded with the B button.
- Adjustments have been made to reduce situations with poor camera visibility.
- Adjusted game balance.
- Fixed a bug in chapter 7 verse 5 that prevented progress when performing certain actions while controlling Cheshire.
- Fixed an issue with the “Hymn of Durga” accessory where its effect would not apply to some attacks.
- Fixed an issue where using Alruna’s “Bondage Whip (P or K * long press)” ability in certain situations would cause enemies to die instantly.
- Fixed an issue where weapons using “Raven Within” (J* long press)” with “Scarborough Fair” and “Love Is Blue” would cause the player to significantly advance under certain conditions.
- Fixed an issue where Bayonetta’s animations would not play correctly when switching weapons immediately after using “Inner Raven (J* Long Press)” on the “Scarborough Fair” and “Love Is Blue” weapons.
- Fixed a bug that caused “Black Pearl Rain (Rotate L stick + S*)” for Infernal Demon “Kraken” to activate “Wink Slave” with abnormally high attack power.
- Fixed a bug that caused “Devil Rodin” to get stuck for a while when using “After Burner Kick (↑K* in the air)” continuously, immediately after getting up with an “After Burner Kick (J・K*)” former.
- Fixed a bug where Viola’s Assault Slave could summon Inferno Demons in “Inferno Demon Prohibited Areas”.
- Fixed a bug with the hand symbol seen in Cutie J’s transformation sequence that can be seen in the Side Chapter.
- Fixed other issues to make the game more enjoyable to play.
*P is Punch, K is Kick, S is Shoot and J is Jump.
Bayonetta 3 is now available exclusively on Nintendo Switch.