One of those distinctive characters is Halsin, he stands out for being the first druid of the druid grove. Halsin is found in BG3 as a prisoner. Finding Halsin is very important as he plays a primal role in the narrative of Baldur’s Gate 3. In this guide, I will explore his significance in BG3’s storyline, why finding Halsin is important, his backstory, and ways by which you can find him.
Who Is Halsin In Baldurs Gate 3?
Halsin exists as a transformative character in BG3, who is found as a prisoner at the Worg Penns. You will have this encounter at an earlier part of your journey. His transformative abilities allow him to transform from a human to a literal bear.
He can be used as a team member, other than that he can also be used as a romance option. Baldurs Gate 3 puts the players in such scenarios and allows them to be intimate with Halsin: The Transformative Bear. There is a strong emphasis on the romance of the relationship between the Halsin and the player, along with elaborate guidance on how these scenes will gradually unfold during the narrative.
Halsin Stats As A Companion
The stats mentioned above are based on Baldurs Gate 3 Patch Update 3, and these can potentially change as the game releases on 3rd August 2023.
How To Romance Halsin In Baldurs Gate 3?
Baldurs Gate 3 offers players various choices for being romantic and each will start a new path and take the player through a different storyline. This romance bear scene in Baldurs Gate 3 was showcased recently in a trailer. Some of these storylines can be featuring polyamorous relations and others may feature very tragic endings where the player might be sacrificed.
According to some Halsin transforms when he loses control and is helpless in front of his desires. This scene-play and concept were looked upon with quite some controversy when Larian Studio showcased romance recently.
Halsin is one of the characters that the player can make part of his team during the completion of various quests. Halsin proves to be of vital importance to the player as the druid has a deep connection with nature and holds critical information which can be of high value to the player.
Importance of Halsin In Baldurs Gate 3
Absolute, a deadly infection with no cure lures inside the realm of Baldur’s Gate and has the capacity to jeopardize the safety and vitality of its habitants. Halsin, the mystical druid holds crucial knowledge regarding this infectious disease and has the potential to help the protagonist in the quest of finding a cure for the Absolute and demolish the threat that comes with it.
Here are some points that make Halsin essential in Baldur’s Gate 3:
- Halsin proves to be a strong and impactful companion for the protagonist throughout BG3.
- The most distinctive and unique feature of Halsin is his shape-shifting quality.
- He is a shape-shifting druid who transforms into a bear in some instances, thus proving to be of great assistance during combats while fighting against demons, goblins, and other creatures that may become an enemy to the protagonist along the way.
- However, one should keep in mind that Halsin is capable of using his forces against the protagonist himself if he does something against Halsin’s interest or an action that makes him lose trust in the player.
- Under such circumstances, he has the full potential of turning against the player and considering him an enemy, as a result shredding him apart.
Therefore, all decisions should be thoroughly thought about including their consequences before finalized as they play a major role in shaping the fate of Halsin. The shape-shifting druid can also play the role of making love and being a romantic or even intimate companion. Halsin can provide the player with loads of bear love.
Halsin has higher capabilities than other characters when it comes to strength, knowledge, and agility. Therefore, recruiting him as a party member can be invaluable to the player during quests and guidance during BG3.
How To Recruit Halsin In BG3?
Halsin is portrayed as the missing leader of the grove druid in the narrative of Baldur’s Gate 3. The player initially encounters him at an earlier point during BG3 as a prisoner captured at the Worg Penn. One can recruit him by following these steps:
- Primarily the player needs to find the location where Halsin is captured which is a goblin camp.
- After getting there the player needs to get in the Shattered Sanctum which is below the camp.
- There is a hurdle that needs to be crossed to get there, and that is the goblins.
- The player has the option to talk to them and take permission to enter, to sneak in without anyone watching or fighting them.
- The player will then proceed to enter the Worg Penn here he will see several cages among which Halsin will be captured in one however he will disguise himself as a bear for protection.
- The next step is to free the druid and fight the violent goblins.
- Now that the protagonist has rescued Halsin he can temporarily be recruited as a party member.
Halsin is a compelling character who provides great support to the protagonist throughout BG3, he has many unique abilities. Baldurs Gate 3 has a moral element, as the decisions that one makes will affect the druid’s fate. Whether the player chooses to play in Halsin’s interests, takes advantage of him, or makes him his enemy. He makes the narrative much more interesting.
Was this article helpful?
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍