Many players log in to Roblox every day so that they can enjoy some of their favourite games on the site. As players continue to increase and content keeps pouring in, issues and errors will inevitably arise. One such problem is Roblox: ‘The application encountered an unrecoverable error’. If you are in the same dilemma: Don’t worry as we go over all the possible solutions to get you out and back to running on track.
What Causes Roblox The Application Encountered An Unrecoverable Error?
Roblox players have been plagued with the error ever since the Byfron update. As cheaters constantly plagued the community, Roblox finally decided to take action. However, like any big update, it also created some problems. One of the reasons causing the aforementioned error is a result of one or many of the following factors:
- Corrupted Game Files
- Broken Roblox Anti-Cheat
- Virtualization tools affecting the application access
- Bad Local Cache Files
Any of the above-mentioned causes can be the root of the Roblox ‘The application encountered an unrecoverable error’. So, the best way to proceed would be to go through with all the solutions below in order. This way, you would be able to find the cause for yourself as well by the process of elimination. See what fixes the issue so you can know what you did for future reference.
Turn Off Virtualization
Virtualization is a major culprit for the said error. It is a generally useless setting for anyone but power users or developers. Turning it off has proven to be fruitful for many players. To do so, you could do one of the following:
Disable From BIOS
The best way to disable virtualization would be via your BIOS. To do so:
- Search for System Information in Taskbar.
- Now, if you have a Desktop: Look for BaseBoard Product and BaseBoard Version.
- If you have a Laptop, just look for System Model.
- Now that you have your laptop or motherboard model, you can search for How to Boot into BIOS followed by your specific model.
- Once in BIOS, you can disable the setting generally by going to the Advanced Tab.
Do note that sometimes a problem faced in this case is that the option is either unavailable or locked out. In this case, consider using the next method.
Disable Via Programs & Features
To turn off virtualization for fixing Roblox encountered an unrecoverable error, you can also use Windows itself:
- Search for Turn Windows Features on or off in Taskbar.
- Look for Hyper-V and uncheck the box to disable the feature.
- Repeat the same step for the Virtual Machine Platform and Windows Hypervisor Platform.
- Click on Ok to save the changes.
Restart your computer so the changes are in effect.
Turn Off All Anti-Cheats
Byfron’s anti-cheat for Roblox doesn’t like any other counter-products running at the same time as itself. Turning off any others can be a valid way to fix the error. Some notable anti-cheats in this case are:
- Riot’s Vanguard
- Valve Anti-Cheat
To do so, simply:
- Move to your Taskbar and see which of the above-mentioned anti-cheats are currently running.
- Hover over their icon and Right-Click.
- Click on Exit.
Clear Cache Files
Many players have reported that switching to their alternate accounts makes the application encounter an unrecoverable error go away. This points to bad local cache storage for Roblox. Clearing the cache could potentially make the error go away. To do so, simply:
- Press Win+R to open the Run window.
- Type %localappdata% and press Enter.
- Now keep pressing R till you have the Roblox folder highlighted.
- Once you are on the folder, Right-Click and select the Delete option to remove the folder.
Reinstall Roblox Client
If nothing in this guide manages to fix the error. You must uninstall your current Roblox Client and install it from Microsoft Store. This is because the Microsoft version is relatively bug-free no matter what settings you’re defaulted to. To do so:
- Search for Add or Remove Programs.
- Search for Roblox in Search this List.
- Select the application and Click on Uninstall.
- Follow the Wizard along, and you will be done.
Once done, just reinstall the game through Microsoft Store.
This wraps up our guide on how to fix Roblox’s The application encountered an unrecoverable error. We are confident you could get around the error by following one of the mentioned solutions in our guide. If not, we would advise you to contact Roblox Support and open up a ticket.
Was this article helpful?
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍