In Alan Wake 2, weapons are your main way to defend yourself against the Taken. These enemies may become vulnerable to light, but are still weak against old firearms.
There are 2 playable protagonists in Alan Wake 2 and each of them has their own unique arsenal of weapons. Many weapons are completely optional and can be overlooked, especially in Saga. Collecting all 8 weapons in Alan Wake 2 grants you the All Accounted for trophy.
In this guide, I’ll show you where to find every weapon for both Alan and Saga.
Alan Wake Weapon Locations
- Get it from the chapter. Initiation 2: Casey
- Automatically collects Stir in a scene of Alan in The Dark Place alley.
He Stir It’s slightly more powerful than the average semi-automatic pistol, can kill the Taken with just a few hits to the head, and despite having less ammo in its cylinder compared to modern weapons, it makes up for it with a significantly stronger hit. .
- Get it from the chapter. Initiation 4: We sing
- Pick up the flare gun from the table with the typewriter during the chapter, it is impossible to miss.
The flare gun, the worst nightmare of Taken everywhere with the ability to directly incinerate them, is probably the most powerful weapon in the game, albeit with the drawback of having extremely rare ammunition.
double barrel shotgun
- Get it from the chapter. Initiation 5: Room 665
- Open the display case behind the bar on the rooftop of the Oceanview Hotel using the Angel Lamp to obtain the double barrel shotgun.
A great double barrel shotgun For Alan, that takes up almost an entire inventory row, perfect for taking down a Taken that gets too close. Alan will pick it up momentarily during the Saga Chapter: Return 4 where he makes an appearance. But this weapon will not be a permanent addition to your weapons unless you pick it up on the rooftop of the Oceanview Hotel in Initiation 5.
The weapons of the Anderson saga
- Get it from the chapter. Return 1: Invitation
- Automatically unlocked by default.
The Pistol, a standard semi-automatic pistol for FBI agents like Saga, is equipped by default. Despite its decent control and fire rate, it doesn’t have enough power to defeat the Taken with just a few shots. Updating it is necessary for greater effectiveness.
- Get it from the chapter. Return 2: The Heart
He sawed-off shotgun It is a powerful weapon with a fierce kick. It is one of the most powerful in your arsenal, but requires a reload every two shots. Please note that this weapon cannot be lost; To get it, unlock the display case in the same room that a Taken crashes into in the General Store.
- Get it from the chapter. Return 3: Local Girl
- To get the Crossbowopen the cult stash near Watery’s break room hut, the cult stash code is 527.
He Crossbow stands out as the second most powerful weapon in Saga Anderson. It offers a single shot that deals a lot of damage, but requires reloading after each use, leaving Saga momentarily vulnerable as she must stand still, exposing her to the Taken’s attacks. To get the crossbow, solve the puzzle that involves counting the bolts on the numbered target posters to determine the sequence; the code you need is 527.
- Get it from the chapter. Return 5: Old Gods
- At Valhalla Wellness Center, solve the date puzzle in the Security Room with 08-17-23then take a doorknob from the receptionist’s desk, use it to open the door and get the hunting rifle from the blue box.
He hunting rifle is a high-precision bolt-action rifle that can take out the Taken in just a few hits. Reloading is slow, so you’d better get a little further away first.
pump action shotgun
- Get it from the chapter. Return 6: Scratch
- Unlock the shotgun display case using 7-2-3 in Sheriff Tim Breaker’s room, which is located on the top floor of the Sheriff’s Station Map to obtain the pump action shotgun.
He pump action shotgun It is the best weapon in Saga, excelling in close combat and benefiting from a larger magazine. To obtain it, get the morgue key to enter Sheriff Breaker’s office. He then unlocks the shotgun screen by decoding the puzzle using the first letters of the authors of the UFO book on his desk. Increase the alphabetical value of each letter up to 9, then circle back to 0, the code being 723read from top to bottom.